Friday, September 07, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Came across this cute blog called Booking Through Thursday. Every Thursday a new question about books or reading is posted and the reader's post their responses. Very fun.

This Thursday's question: Are you a Goldilocks kind of reader?

Do you need the light just right, the background noise just so loud but not too loud, the chair just right, the distractions at a minimum?
Or can you open a book at any time and dip right in, whether it’s for twenty seconds, while waiting for the kettle to boil, or indefinitely, like while waiting interminably at the hospital–as long as the book is open in front of your nose, you’re happy to read?

My answer: I would say I am a Goldilocks kind of reader. I've realized I try not to be but always end up paying attention to the distractions around me while reading the same page over and over again because I'm unable to pay attention long enough to read more than a sentence at a time.

I also don't like to read for under say 5 minutes. I prefer to read for periods of time closer to 15-30 minutes at a time.

Slightly off subject, once I start a novel (this doesn't count for short stories) I like to finish it in under a few weeks or continuously read it until I'm done. If i put down a book and pick it back up months later I start from the beginning not from where I left off. I also find with most books when I have about 150-100 pages left I'm ready to be done and just read and read and read until I am. I'm not so sure if it's about wanting to know how to book ends or feeling that I'm ready to move on to the next book, I guess it depends on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...