Monday, May 05, 2008

Twilight


The hype roped me in. I always believe there is some magic behind hype so I finally went out and bought Twilight. I loved the Harry Potter books and their addicting nature, I heard the same about this series and it did not disappoint. It's a love story between a teen human girl, and a vampire, that appears to be a teen as well. The only aspect of this book I was hesitant about was the vampire element, but the end of the book I was actually wishing there had been more vampire elements. Maybe we will see that in the rest of the series? At points the romance got a little too over the top for my taste, maybe I would have eaten it up a little more if I was a young adult, the targeted reading group. None the less it was pretty enjoyable, especially the first half of the book when Edward and Bella were getting to know each other. I know one thing for sure, it's going to make one hot movie.

5/5 Stars
Purchased by myself

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book, and I can't WAIT for the movie to come out. I picked it up because of the hype as well, and I was glad. Most of the time hype just annoys me, because I always expect more out of the book when it's only getting rave reviews. And then oftentimes I'm let down if it's anything less than perfect. But Twilight WAS perfect. So I'm glad for the hype in this case.

    I'll shut up now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I remember seeing this book in the store a long long time ago and thinking on that's a popular young adult book and i knew nothing about it. then slowly i heard more and more reviews on blogs and then just had to get it! the book was basically haunting me until i bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did NOT like twilight at all. I thought the plot was boring, the writting was like a 12 year old's, and it must have been edited by a team of monkeys because the book I read had a ton of errors in it (which totaly throws me off any book). I only read the book because all of the hype, I was expecting better. I was forced to read the second book by my sister and it only got worse, I find it hard to understand why it is such a popular book other than that it's written on a fifth grade reading level.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...