- Do you or have you ever read books about the Olympics? About sports in general?
- Fictional ones? Or non-fiction? Or both?
- Do you consider yourself a sports fan?
- Because, of course, if you’re a rabid fan and read about sports constantly, there’s a logic there; if you hate sports and never read anything sports-related, that, too … but you don’t have to love sports to enjoy a good sports story.
- (Or a good sports movie, for that matter. Feel free to expand this into a discussion about “Friday Night Lights” or “The Natural” or whatever…)
Er, I sort of strongly dislike sports. Would rather be doing just about anything besides playing or watching sports. I did dance for 12 years when I was younger but that's really all. I watch just about any movies but there are a few categories I try very hard to avoid and they are: War, Horror, and Sports movies. Most everything else I'll sit through. There are exceptions though, one of my favorite movies is Bend It Like Beckham. In cases where the story outshines the sports I'll watch it. Even with the tv show One Tree Hill, I was unsure if I could take all the basketball but it has faded nicely into the background. A friend told me I'd like Friday Night Lights the tv show, even with the sports. I only watched the first episode a few months ago, so I'll have to pick that up again some other time.
So in general Me+Sports= pure torture. I hated having to play in pep band in high school during sporting events!
Do sports make your brain go numb like me? Or do you love them?