Monday, August 25, 2008

Featherproof Books: Free Mini Books


Featherproof books is a publisher with an eclectic mix of books check it out.

But the most original thing about them is their Light Reading Series. They are free mini-books! They are only a handful of pages long, that you download and put together yourself! What's better than combining a little reading and a little book crafting? Nothing! I believe all that you need is 3 or so normal letter sized pieces of paper to print it out on. Then you follow the simple directions for folding and stapling and then volia! you have a little book! I actually made two a few years ago and am excited to see all the new ones they have. This is a great way to introduce yourself to new authors and also sample several of their currently published books in excerpts as well!

Here is an mini book excerpt of the book I bought this weekend, This Will Go Down on Your Permanent Record.

They are my myspace friend but you can also befriend them on goodreads.

Just an fyi, their website exceeded bandwidth this weekend so if you have trouble loading their site try again, it's worth it!

What mini book are you going to download? I have Max and Emily and Donovan's Closet. I think I'll have to get a few more this weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip - looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Oh this is neat! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenore and J. Kaye- Let me know if and what you print out! I just love them! It's the perfect mix of reading and book arts for me! I'm hoping to print out a few more this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...