Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!

Today's question: LT and RL (real life)- do you have friends in real life that you met through LibraryThing? Have you attended any LT meet-ups in your area? Would you be open to attending meet-ups or is LT strictly an online thing for you?

I don't have friends in real life that I've met through LibraryThing. I have tried to get real life friends to join LibraryThing though. Two did, added a few books and then vanished. One still hasn't excepted my friend invitation! The horror! I got a relative to join and I think she uses it, we haven't really interacted on LibraryThing though.

I haven't attended any meet ups. I suspect there haven't been any in my area but I really have no idea. It may be fun to go to one, but also sort of awkward too don't you think? I guess it would be easy to start a conversation though... about books!

I really like LibraryThing because it allows me to express my interest in reading and in books with other people. In my real life my friends don't enjoy books nearly as much. They think I'm kind of nuts! In the past me and a friend have read a book around the same time and that was fun, so we could talk about it a little.

Do you have someone in your real life that understands your love for reading and books?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Nope - but when I am not online, I am reading or dealing with the kids. Leaves very little time for other things...ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very fortunate. I do. My bestest friend, Helen, is a bookaholic, too. In fact she reads all my books before they move on to their next destination (which nowadays is Paperback Swap).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents understand my love of reading and my book obsession. I def got it from my mom- if only she would join LT so I could see how many book she actually owns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to meet up with you in real life :)

    Check out my latest contest - I think you would like it: http://presentinglenore.blogspot.com/2008/08/book-review-contest-and-author.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. J. Kaye- I know. Ever since I started my full time job about 7 months ago I feel like all my time has vanished!!

    Cathy-Aww. I wish I had a friend like that :)

    Kathleen-Hehe. My grandparents love to read. My parents not so much. I've gotten my sister into reading a bit more but she doesn't like it nearly as much as I do.

    Lenore-Aww. I think we would have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...