Saturday, December 20, 2008

Graphic Novels Challenge 2009

So I was super excited to find out that Laza had started a graphic novel challenge! She has even created levels of participation you can choose from. So I looked over all the graphic novels I have to read and wanted to read and decided to go for the highest level, Doctorate, which is to read 24 graphic novels! I'm taking the term graphic novel a bit loosely to include some anthologies, smaller comic books and an illustrated zine anthology. Anyhow I'm very excited. Check out the challenge's blog here to join!

1. 32 Stories by Adrian Tomine
2. At A Crossroads: Between A Rock and My Parents Place by Kate T. Williamson
3. Best American Comics 2008 edited by Lynda Barry
5. Diary of a Mosquito Abatement Man by John Porcellino
6. Breaking Up by Aimee Friedman
8. Funeral of the Heart by Leah Hayes
9. Girl Stories by Lauren Weinstein
10. Invincible Summer Volume 2 by Nicole J Georges
11. Janes in Love by Cecil Castellucci
12. Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware
13. Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron by Daniel Clowes
14. Little Things: A Memoir in Slices by Jeffrey Brown
15. Mome Vol. 10 Winter/Spring 2008 edited by Gary Groth
16. The New York Four by Brian Wood
17. Nothing Better: No Place Like Home by Tyler Page
18. Ojingogo by Matt Forsythe
19. Pussey! by Daniel Clowes
20. A Year in Japan by Kate T. Williamson
21. Watchmen (need to check out from library)
22. Unlovable by Esther Pearl Watson
23. The Lagoon by Lilli Carre

8 comments:

  1. As you know, I haven't heard of any of these. But because I know you go for artwork, I'll check into your list. I left some slots open so I could add new discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo lots of stuff I haven't heard of. This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to let you know, I tagged you for something on my blog. Go check it out please! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:06 PM

    thats some list.. I m not doing ths challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:32 PM

    I went to the library today to take a look and there are GOBS of good ones. I might end up reading more than just the minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list you've got there! I might just have to borrow some of those titles, whether or not I do the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth F- I'm so happy you joined this challenge!

    bermudaonion- Thanks, I think I'll need it!

    Laza- I'm so pumped!

    Emily- Thanks again! I need to do that soon!

    Veens- You should try out a graphic novel sometime, have you?

    J. Kaye- Yay! I hope you do! I go for the ones with pretty illustrations lol!

    Ali- I'm really excited about this list, it's basically all the ones I have minus a few that didn't fit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...