Thursday, February 05, 2009

Mini-Interview

Sharon felt bad for me and sent me some (really hard) questions! Thanks Sharon!

1. What is your favorite graphic novel and why?

I think it is Chris Ware's Acme Novelty Library #18. Well first, his illustration style is amazing and then I just liked the story! It's part of his Building Stories series and I want more more more! So when it's a great story and great art it is a winner in my book!

2. You are going to be stuck on a desert island and can only bring one book. What book do you choose?

Well for sure it would be an anthology for some variety. Probably one of the Best Non-Required Reading books because it combines all sorts of writing and comics!

3. Which book has your all time favorite cover?

I could never come up with this answer in a million years so I'm just going to say this one, because I designed it. Talk about avoiding the question/giving props to myself right!

4. What is your favorite thing about your blog and you least favorite?

Oh gosh this is hard! I really like the discussion my cover related posts create, love seeing people's opinions! And thank you to everyone that sends in suggestions, it means so much to me! Least favorite would be the lack of stuff I post on Thursdays but I think that's about to change! I posted my first movie review today and hope to continue it every Thursday (well maybe not next Thursday, but hopefully from then on!) I need to live up to my blog's title a little more and post more about un-book related pop culture things!

5. If you could choose one guy or girl (hey I'm open minded) from a book to spend your life with who would it be and why?

Ok I think for me right now,  it would be a toss up between Nick from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and Roger from Melissa Walker's Violet series. I keep saying the Violet books need to be made into a movie so I can see Roger!!!!!!!!!! I'm a sucker for a cute nerd-ish boy and bonus points for glasses!


Want to be Interviewed?

1. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions and let me know when you have posted it, so I can link it.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask
them five questions.

Ok I really suck at thinking up questions so how about I send questions to the first three people that ask! Sound good?

Have any other questions for me? Leave them in the  comments!

16 comments:

  1. Yay thanks for answering my questions. I just sent some to Lenore too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to more of your movie reviews. You've got to review Crash!

    I have yet to read any of the violet books. I'm going to pick some up when I'm at the strand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice interview! Good job on your answers and very clever to get your self-promotion in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you designed that cover! Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:43 PM

    I love the cover you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You designed a cover?? That's so awesome!!! Yay for movie reviewsss.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see Roger come to life - great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You designed that cover???!!!! It's awesome! You are so talented, pass some creative juices my way please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover was amazing!
    And I totally agree. I love Nick too! Or maybe just Michael Cera, because I only saw the movie. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cover design! It's nice to see some of your work. I like the typeface choice, it works very well for the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interview me! Book-related interview, of course. :)

    abfretheim AT Yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see more pop culture here. That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on that cover! Have you designed any others?

    Please interview me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just sent questions to everyone that asked, if I missed you give a shout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the questions, Alea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sharonanne- Here's my review of Crash: I hated it and it made me want to cry for the rest of my life. End review. :P And yes get some of the Violet Books!

    Beth F- Hehe~

    Amee- Thanks! Luckily I get to work on some more in the next few weeks!!!

    bermudaonion- Thank you!

    Shooting Stars Mag- Aww thanks!

    Lenore- Wouldn't he be so adorable! Ahhh!

    Shalonda- You are too nice! Too nice!

    Bookworm- Yeah Michael Cera is just a cutie too! I want to watch Arrested Development now!

    Emily- Thank you so much, so kind of you to say!

    A.- Hope you enjoyed the questions!

    Serena- Yay sounds good! Now I just need to actually do it!

    avisannschild- I think I emailed you another one the other day?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...