Sunday, March 22, 2009

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Amazon.com:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck... A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

If I Stay is a bittersweet memory of a family and their loved ones. It's told through the eyes of Mia, who watches herself being treated in the hospital as her loved ones surround her. And she has to make the toughest choice of all...

I really love the way the story was told, while Mia is watching over her own body in the hospital she is reminded of memories of her family and friends and through that we got to know them better. It was beautiful how the story of her life unfolds. I absolutely adored her family and friends, everyone was their own character with specific traits and quirks, and what a loving family as well! That made me that much more emotionally invested in the story, they seemed so real.

For as much as this book falls into the heartbreaking and sad category it was actually rather funny at times! It made the book so much easier for me to read. I also loved how much music played a part of the story, Mia with her cello, her boyfriend Adam with his band and her father's days in a band as well. Music was a beautiful background for this story.

All in all a bittersweet and rewarding book! I'm not always one for sad books but recently I've been finding out that there are some I actually really love and this is definitely one of them!

If I Stay is released April 2nd.

4.5/5 Stars
ARC received from publisher

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Great review!

    I love the title and art cover, and more than that, the story looks great, too. I think I'll be looking out for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books like this, but I can't read too many of them in a row. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! It's definitely going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much great feedback circulating around the blogosphere about this, I'm definitely going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I'm glad you loved it. I think it sounds amazing.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I can't wait to read it. Thanks for another great review! You should get commission for Amazon. Every time I read one of your reviews I end up ordering something...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's on my wish list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a good book. I'll add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great review for a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great review! i can't wait to read this book, I need to get my hands on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, Alea. This sounds like a really good book with an interesting viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard some really good things about this. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember you saying you loved this one while you were reading it! I had already added it to my TBR list based on your comments earlier, but now I want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful review Alea! I added it to my TBR.

    You are now in Level 3 of the ARC Readers Challenge, ARC Obsessed. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely a great book, hope you guys enjoy if you do read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...