Thursday, March 05, 2009

Taken By Storm by Angela Morrison

Amazon.com:

Leesie Hunt has many rules: No kissing. No sex. No dating outside the Mormon faith.

When Michael Walden—a deep-sea diver who lost his parents in a violent hurricane—arrives in town, Leesie sees someone who needs her. They fall for one another, even though his dreams are tied to the depths of the ocean and hers to salvation above.

Will their intense chemistry be too strong to resist?

Leesie and Michael must make the hardest choice of their lives: whether to follow their beliefs or their hearts.

Readers will be swept away by this tale of forbidden romance told in online chats, Leesie’s chapbook poems, and Michael’s dive log. It’s as steamy as Twilight and just as clean.

Review:

Taken by Storm was an intense and emotional love story. The perspectives in this book made it rather unique in my opinion, from Michael there were logs in his Dive Log and from Lessie, chats between her and Michael and her and her friend, and also poetry. Their fleshed out background also added a lot to the story, instead of the story being all about their romance it was a romance enhanced greatly by their pasts, Michael's diving and lose of his family and Lessie's religion and plans for the future. I was curious to see how Lessie's religion played into the story, it didn't come off as preachy, just as one part of her life and personality. These things really add dimension to their relationship and made them who they were.

The book rotating between intense passion and intense depression. I really liked how Lessie took it upon herself to help Michael recover from the tragic accident that took his parents, all the while trying to stand up for what she believed it. And how Michael tried to break free from Isadore, the hurricane that took his parents and still haunts him. It made for a lot of push/pull in their relationship.

I found this book to be a great example of the complexities that are real life. The voices of the characters were believable as well as engaging. I just had to know where this was going, and I think I was satisfied with where it went.

Taken By Storm is released today!

4/5 Stars
ARC received from publisher

10 comments:

  1. Mormons, deep-sea divers: this plot sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:30 AM

    This one sounds too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Definitely sounds like a must read. I think I already have it on my TBR list, if not it's going up there (= And I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, this is one of those books that doesn't interest me at all. I got it for review and I passed it on to Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one. The push and pull made me never want to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed it! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this book sounds really interesting! I hadn't heard of it before but I'm adding it to my TBR list now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie Hansen- Totally, and it was great!

    J.Kaye- My thoughts exactly!

    Mishel- Yay! Yes, the cover is great!

    Lenore- Imagine where we would be if we wanted to read everything, talk about stressful!

    Thao- Yes!

    Steph Su- Totally good!

    Ladytink_534- The cover is beautiful!

    S. Krishna- Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've read this book too! i really love it! oooh! this will have a sequel!. 2 novels more for this one. yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...