Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday! 21

The Entomological Tales of Augustus T. Percival by Dene Low


You would think Petronella’s sixteenth birthday would be cause for celebration. After all, fashionable friends are arriving at her country estate near London, teas are being served, and her coming out party promises to be a resplendent affair. Everything is falling nicely into place, until, suddenly—it isn’t. For Petronella discovers that her guardian, Uncle Augustus T. Percival, has developed a most unVictorian compulsion: He must eat bugs. Worse still, because he is her guardian, Uncle Augustus is to attend her soiree and his current state will most definitely be an embarrassment.

During the festivities, when Petronella would much rather be sharing pleasantries with handsome Lord James Sinclair (swoon), important guests are disappearing, kidnapping notes are appearing, many of the clues are insects, and Uncle Augustus is surreptitiously devouring evidence. It’s more than one sixteen-year-old girl should have to deal with. But, truth be told, there is far more yet to come . . .

Released June 1st 2009

This just sounds totally weird and I love me some weird! And I'm hoping there are more beautiful illustrations inside!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

14 comments:

  1. You are so fab.

    You once said you aren't keen on historical novels. For some reason this feels historical to moi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha.... that's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I nearly picked this too for this week :) It does look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds hilarious! Never would I have dreamed of a book with a bug-eating character! Poor Petronella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth Kephart- You caught me! I guess in general it's not my go-to genre, apparently there are exceptions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol okay. Definitely weird. When I saw the cover at first I was like, Alea? This is called "WAITING" on Wednesday, not "let's-dig-up-all-the-eighteenth-century-classics-that-I've-intended-to-read-for-forever" Day. Doesn't the cover look like it could belong on a classic novel to you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph Su- LOL! Hahah! I could see that! But the illustration style is rather contemporary (if you zoom in), oh how I hope there are more inside!!!!!!!!! You are too funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - it does sound weird. I love the cover, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this book looks very interesting and I will have to investigate it further. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha, that sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sound totally intriguing, i'm going to be defnitely looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the epic rat- I know, so bizarre!

    Alyce- Thank again!

    Ravenous Reader- Sure thing!

    Stephanie- Thanks!

    Everyone: If you read it I'd love to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...