Thursday, April 09, 2009

TMI by Sarah Quigley

From Amazon.com:

Friends call Becca the Overshare Queen, but her tendency for TMI never seemed like a problem to her until she blabs about her sweet band-geek boyfriend’s sloppy kisses—and gets dumped! Realizing it may be better to resist the temptation to overshare face-to-face, Becca decides to blog anonymously about everything instead. On her blog, Too Much Information, Becca unleashes her alter ego, Bella. Bella tells it like it is . . . though perhaps with a bit more drama. After all, no one’s going to read it, right???


TMI was a fun and thoughtful book. I found it easier to relate to than most other books set in high school. Most of the things that happen in this book happen everyday in the halls of high schools. Also the characters seemed like people I know, definitely.

So while I myself related more with Becca's friend Katie (I personally tend to undershare) I definitely got a kick out of Becca, let's just say I have a few overshare queens in my own family! I definitely know what it's like to hear things about yourself from other people, nothing bad but not exactly something you wanted out there! But at the same time I know how easy it is to say too much and then realize well maybe I shouldn't have said that! I really liked all the other characters as well, especially Becca's crush Matt, her friend Jai, and her family!

A good chunk of the book revolves around a high school musical of Grease! Boy did I love that, I was totally a set painter in high school! I never wanted to be on stage though! About a year and a half ago I actually got hired by my former high school to do set painting, sound, and graphic design. It was a ball, mostly because my sister was in the musical! Where we went to high school the theatre is a big deal so it's great to see that reflected in this book!

And of course, I loved the blogging part of the book, gotta love it! And I definitely appreciated the author's descriptions of the evil that is a Minnesota winter, it's true y'all! Getting back to how realistic I found most of the book, I thought the ending was perfect, it was very believable for me. I can't wait to see what the author has in store for us next!

TMI is released on April 16th.

4/5 Stars
ARC received from author

16 comments:

  1. Is that one of John Green's Abundant Katherines on the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL wow I think that's very possible! I'll do a lookalike of it, good catch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds a little like likely story, no?

    Nevertheless, it's pretty cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She blogs as Bella? OHHH NOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. psst...i've given you an award here: http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2009/04/zombie-chicken-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Grease! Gotta read this one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had actually written this one off because of its title. I didn't really like TTYL by Lauren Myracle and I mistakenly thought this one would be similar. It sounds so different. I might have to check it out someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I didn't know too much about this book and admittedly was put off by its girlish cover, but now I think I'll look into it. And GREASE! Any musical is amazing for me. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds cute!
    I think it is funny that a book is based on the concept of TMI- haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A book about blogging sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sounds good. I like the musical and blogging stuff too...definitely can relate to that.

    I'm an undersharer most of the time too!!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound fun. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next in my TBR pile--I'm so excited to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just started this one; glad to hear it's good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL That description just sets up the drama for this book. and I know someone who could be becca in real life...maybe I know a couple people that could be here...in terms of TMI.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steve- I updated the existing lookalike: http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/01/lookalikes-31.html

    Thanks again!

    This was a lovely book, hope you all get to enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...