Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday! 30

The Pillow Book of Lotus Lowenstein by Libby Schmais

From Amazon.com:

Lotus Lowenstein's life is merde. She dreams of moving to Paris and becoming an existentialist. Yet here she is trapped in Park Slope, Brooklyn, with a New-Agey mom, an out-of-work dad, and a chess champion brother who dreams of being a rock star. Merci à Dieu for Lotus’s best friend, Joni, who loves French culture enough to cofound their high school’s first French Club with Lotus. At the first meeting, the cutest boy in the world walks in. His name is Sean, and he too loves French culture and worships Jean-Paul Sartre.

At first, Lotus thinks Sean is the best thing to happen to her in years. He’s smart, cultured, and adorable. Unfortunately, though, Joni feels the same way. And having an existentialist view of love, Sean sees nothing wrong with enjoying both girls’ affections. Things come to a head when all three depart for Montreal with their teacher, Ms. G, on the French Club’s first official field trip. Will Sean choose Joni over Lotus? And will Lotus and Joni’s friendship ever recover?

Released December 8th 2009

This sounds like a great book. I too love French culture (but probably not as much as Lotus) and like how her family sounds a bit quirky. And high school love triangle? Count me in! Sounds like a fun book for sure!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy! If Lotus thinks that coming to Montreal is the same as Paris - she is in for A HUGE surprise.

    Personally, I love Montreal more (but I may be prejudice since I love here!) but I have to tell you that Montreal is nothing, nothing like Paris - we don't even speak the same French - as I have experienced myself on many, many occasions - since I can never understand a word a Parisien says -and my mother tongue is FRENCH - quebecois that is!!!

    I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a pathetically short comment so I'll continue. I like the way that there are just random words in french. Tres good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love triangle nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first I thought this was an adult book but now that I know it's YA I really want to read it! I love the aspect of Lotus being a French-lover....That's so unique and fun!

    Thanks so much for telling me about this one--sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...