Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Sweet Life of Stella Madison by Lara M. Zeises

Amazon.com:
A warmhearted, delectable novel about what it means to love and be loved.

When Stella Madison's food-loving parents help her land a summer job at the local newspaper, there’s only one catch: she’s expected to write about food. Luckily, Stella has Jeremy, the hot new intern at her mom’s restaurant, who’s more than happy to help. But where does that leave Stella’s boyfriend, Max, who recently dropped the L-word? And could her separated parents be cooking up romances of their own?

The Sweet Life of Stella Madison is an exciting mix of food, friends, family, boys and summer experiences! I had a great time reading it. But seriously, this book will make you hungry! I found the foundation of food this story had rather unique. From the dinner menus at the beginning of chapters to how to order food when eating for the purpose of a review or even really tasting food for the first time. All those pieces are there.

I really liked reading about Stella's summer internship at the newspaper. I only wish she had started it sooner into the story. I feel like she just really got going there and it was over. I would have liked that to be a bigger part of the story.

I loved the character of Jeremy, Stella's mother's young intern. What a charmer, but he really understood Stella I felt. I felt bad for Stella's loving boyfriend, Max, who was oblivious to Stella's crush on Jeremy. I also loved Stella's parents and their jobs, definitely helped enhance the story, put her in a very interesting environment! Stella's friends were also sweet even if they were in the background most of the time.

I could have used a little more from the ending but overall I found The Sweet Life of Stella Madison to be a sweet and delicious story, pun intended!

The Sweet Life of Stella Madison was released on July 14th!
Genre: Young Adult
4/5 Stars
ARC provided by publisher

8 comments:

  1. I loved this one also! You are so right, the food descriptions were yummy! and so was the story! so a winner all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really cute! Great review :)

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Thanks for the recommendation! I think my daughter will love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Sounds cute. I love the cover! Will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds fun! But one you should read after eating lunch, not before, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound good, wonderful review!

    I have linked to one of your reviews from goodreads.com to one of my posts which will be posted on Wednesday :)

    I hope you don't mind :)

    Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:16 PM

    This sounds cute. I love it when books incorporate food in their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like food! Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...