Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday 51

A Field Guide to Burying Your Parents by Liza Palmer

Amazon.com:

Grace Hawkes has not spoken to her previously tight-knit family since her mother's sudden death five years ago. Well, most of the family was tight-knit-- her father walked out on them when she was 13 and she and her two brothers and sister bonded together even closer with their mother as a result.

She's been doing her best to live her new life apart from them, but when their estranged father has a stroke and summons them, Grace suddenly realizes she's done the same thing he had done...abandoned those who need her most.

And need her they do, for inside the hospital walls, a strange war is unfolding between the pseudo-kindly woman who is their father's second wife and the rest of the original Hawkes clan. Upon reconnecting with her brother and sisters, Grace will find a part of herself she thought was lost forever. As they unravel the manipulative deception of the second Mrs. Hawkes, Grace will finally be able to stand up for her family-- and to remember what a family is, even after all these years.

Released December 23rd 2009

I've always wanted to try a book by this author! Also I really like sibling stories and the imprint 5 Spot never really disappoints me!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

7 comments:

  1. The title of your choice is hilarious!
    Check mine out here:
    http://brizmusblogsbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received this one for review from Hatchette Books. I read the title and started laughing. I just had to read it! My sister ended up opening the package (she does that everytime I get books in the mail..it's like Christmas for her, lol), and she thought I was gonna murder them. I had to explain to her that it wasn't a book about how to kill and murder your parents, lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could read this one right now simply because of the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bermudaonion- Yeah the title is a little ehhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really want to read this one as well, I simply think Liza is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am eager to read SHADOWLAND, THE MARK and THE SECRET YEAR...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...