Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 63

To Be Mona by Kelly Easton

Hardcover

Paperback

Amazon.com:

Sage Priestly is seventeen, and she longs to reinvent herself -- to strip away the fat, the past, the crazy mom, the unpaid bills. She longs to be her own version of the gorgeous and popular Mona Simms.

Sage starts dieting and exercising. She gets blond highlights and throws away all of her black clothes. Bit by bit she transforms herself. This is deeply troubling to her best friend, Vern, who is secretly in love with Sage just the way she is. But the boyfriend Sage wants -- the popular jock Roger -- suddenly notices her. And when they start dating, Sage thinks her life is turning around.

So why isn't Sage happier? Yes, Roger is a little too controlling and pushy, but isn't that what boys are like when you date them? What is it about the image Sage has created that just doesn't fit?

Smart, honest, and tough, Sage is a teen with more going for her than she thinks, but she still has a lot to learn.

Paperback PAPERBACK! I honestly thought for the longest time this was a middle grade book, just because of the hardcover, that looks like a middle grade student. I had even read the book summary and forgotten! The paperback is awesome. I think it balances the new life aspects with the more serious aspects where as the hardcover is pretty fun, at least I think. The paperback is just the kind of design I like as well, beautiful photography, beautiful colors, type and accents! This paperback is going on my wishlist!

Hardcover or Paperback?

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

10 comments:

  1. OH I agree with you, the paperback cover is awesome - I also agree that the hardback makes it look like a middle grade book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the paperback better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading the summary I think it's the paperback which suits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you -- the paperback does stomp over the hardcover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? I never liked that hardcover cover, so the paperback is a vast improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. paperback is so much prettier!!! wonder why they changed the girls hair colour though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100% - paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed! Isn't it kind of funny though that we base our reading so much on the cover...well, at least I do! LOL =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...