Saturday, March 27, 2010

This Week In Books Or The Week I Got A Nook!


Monday:

Never Too Much by Lori Foster
T0 Seduce A Bride by Nicole Jordan


Bookmooch!

Tuesday:

The Evil Within by Nancy Holder
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Paisley Hanover Kisses and Tells by Cameron Tuttle
The Vera Wright Trilogy by Elizabeth Jolley

How to (Un)cage A Girl by Francesca Lia Block


Oh my! For review and completely by surprise!

Wednesday:

It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas
Murphy's Law by Lori Foster


Local used bookstore, it has so many romance novels and of course I had taken my list out of my purse after carrying it around for weeks! I was overwhelmed I could only buy 2 after looking for like half an hour!

Party by Tom Leveen
Split by Swati Avasthi


For review, Party from Amazon Vine.

Thursday:

A Secret Affair by Mary Balogh
Hand-Stitched Felt by Kata Golda


A Secret Affair is from Amazon Vine and Hand-Stitched Felt is from two very sweet and extremely thoughtful Bookfairies by the initials of G and M. They even met the author and had her personalize it for me. TALK ABOUT DARN SWEET!

Friday:


Tasty Crochet by Rose Langlitz

Get ready, I've got a story for this one. As some of you know I've been slowly getting better at crochet with the goal of amigurumi, I've gotten a lot better the past two weeks so I thought I was ready for something a little harder and cuter. Local stores didn't have this one, but one by my work did (apparently) left early, practically rolled around on the store floor trying to find it, an employee helped me and turned out it wasn't there. *cue sad face* Went back onto the Borders website to see what other stores in the area had it and it said my local store had it, but they didn't have it 12 hours before. I called and they pulled it off the truck for me, talk about good karma man! Story over!

Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn
Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers by Philip Caveney

Ten Things is an e-galley....

Deliciously Dangerous by Karen Anders
Pleasurably Undone! by Various

To Catch A Rogue by Amanda McCabe

Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage by Carole Mortimer

Tempting the Negotiator by Zana Bell
Receptionist Under Cover by C.J. Carmichael

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas
Truly, Madly by Heather Webber


Went to Walmart where I apparently lost consciousness and bought these books, what?! You don't believe me!?

Amigurumi World by Ana Paula Rimoli

Had to use my 40% off coupon at Michael's on something. ;)

Saturday:

BOUGHT A NOOK!

A number of things made now the right time for me to get an e-reader and of the Kindle, Nook, and Sony e-readers I liked the nook the best. Haven't played with it much, still trying to charge it. But I'm hoping to get it figured out soon! E-reader users, I'd love tips of where you like to buy e-books besides platform specific stores!

Super-Cute Crochet by Nicki Trench

Saw this the last time I was at the Barnes and Noble with the used section, but then I didn't know anything about crochet, so I grabbed it this time!

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

For review.

14 comments:

  1. I love my Nook! I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I think you did lose consciousness or got a raise one! LOL What a fun week you had! Congrats on the nook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so would love to have a NOOK..am so jealous..lol.

    I have a ipod touch and get ebooks on it for now..I get some boos from kobo ebooks not sure if if they download to the nook http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Free_eBooks/iAelgfsVRkeCoTvSmlCADw-1.html

    Here are some that I haven't used but found them when this one place was having a ebook week:

    http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=gift_certificates

    http://www.readerseden.com/home.php

    Hope this helps some. Enjoy your new NOOK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Nook!! I have had my Kindle for a year now and can't live without it. I love reading books on it and find that for every one "real" book I've read, I've read four on my Kindle since getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your Nook! I would love to hear more about what helped you decide on a Nook versus other eReaders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats! Amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great week of books! I went with the Kindle... and am really enjoying having the e-book option - hope you enjoy your new toy!

    PS: All power to you with the crocheting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a NOOK?! You lucky lucky girl! I always love your week in books, because you always get so many amazing ones. I am truly envious of your book rock star status. And how cute is your local Borders for pulling that book off the truck?!

    Happy Reading Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books! I've been wanting How To (Un)Cage a Girl for a while now. And a NOOK! Yay! I have a Kindle and I love it. Anyways, you can get a bunch of free classics here:
    feedbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay you!!!! A NOOK!!!!???? I really love my Sony eReader, so I bet you love your Nook too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can get egalleys for the Nook at Netgalley.com. I love them. You can choose to review or not too. I just bought a kindle last month and I love it. It's so much easier to carry around and read in bed with. I thought I would miss paper books but I don't! I find myself trying NOT to buy books since I have them from the library!! So tempting and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll have to tell me how you like your Nook. I am thinking of finally breaking down and buying an eReader, but I don't know which one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, congrats on your nook!=) I am dying to get an ereader and my shelves could use the space.

    I am really looking forward to that Nancy Holdner book you got!=)

    Enjoy all your reads and have a great week.


    Come on over to my IMM if you have time:
    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great week! Especially having the new eReader. I have a Sony and I adore it. it really does make it easy to read and travel with a book. Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...