Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crochet (Klutz) by Anne Akers Johnson

Amazon.com:

Crochet comes with everything you need to get started, including two kinds of yarn, a crochet hook and a button. Projects include a chic scarf, super cute purse, stylish hat and more. All the projects are teen-approved and way cooler than Grandma’s tea cozy.

Between this book and the I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting dvd I learned to crochet. Originally I signed up for a class that only confused and discouraged me but this book set me back onto the path of successfully and not confusing crochet!

While I had learned the actual stitches from the dvd this book slowly and patiently showed me where each stitch goes with great illustrations highlighting the specific stitch. There is information given on yarn, gauge, tools, the stitches and the projects of course.

In most craft books there are always a few duds in the projects but this book had great projects that I actually wanted to make and use. I'm still trying to make a perfect flower and master the granny square but I've basically made everything in the book already!

I would highly suggest this to anyone that wants to learn to crochet. The instructions are simple and easy to follow, the projects are fun and it comes with all the tools you need to get started in the kit!

Here's what I've made so far!

Jewelry Roll


Flower


Bath Bag


Envelope Purse


Hat


Enter my giveaway for an envelope purse here!

Crochet (Klutz) was released on August 1st 2006
Genre: Crafts
5/5 Stars
Purchased at Joann's

5 comments:

  1. You've become the craft queen! I still think you should make a small envelope purse for your business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great book. I got it a couple Christmases ago. I'd been trying to learn how to crochet, and the "beginner" books I was using weren't very good. This book, on the other hand, is excellent! I've got the envelope purse lying around here somewhere, and also the hat (with a crocheted flower). I was so pleased with the hat that I actually made another one in cotton.

    So yeah, this is a really good how-to book. I just wish there was a sequel with some more advanced techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful! I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that green hat!! i'm not much for crafts--i tend to lose interest pretty quickly and move on to other things.

    --nat @book, line, and sinker

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have GOT to get this book! I LOVE to crochet but need some more ideas! I have made only two hats and about five purses and am working on a blanket and I SO need this book!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...