Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Amazon.com:

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan. Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone. But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected…. Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.

What drew me to this book was the format, Twitter messages (and direct messages), emails, blog posts, and advice columns, honestly I’d read just about anything with this sort of format. But the storyline is what kept me reading. I think the format took this cute and sweet story and made it seem real to me. I mean looking at this kids twitter icons allowed me to see what they "looked like" and imagine them actually typing these sentences and going through these situations.

I think the author really captured the essence of Twitter and how people use it. You want to vent about something but since it’s a public forum you are sort of cagey about what you are saying and then go and Direct Message (DM) your friend to give them the full scoop.

And while you don’t get full on narrative from these characters I still feel like you really got to know them. You see them having honest conversations with their friends, talking to their crush when their crush is oblivious etc. Honestly if the book was 4 times as long that would have been just fine with me, I became attached to these characters and wanted to keep going along reading their tweets!

Tweet Heart was released on June 29th 2010
Genre: Young Adult
5/5 Stars
Purchased at Borders

5 comments:

  1. Superb review! I've seen this on a few blogs and it sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Sounds so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories told that way too - they just seem so real to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 AM

    oh cool. i'll have to read and then tweet about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Ohhhh, this sounds so cute - I love the idea of utilising aspects of Twitter to develop characters! Must add to my to-read list, thanks for the great review Alea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...