Friday, October 01, 2010

Lookalikes 121

 Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst

Faith, Hope, and Ivy June by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

What I find interesting about these covers is, even though they are different images, in each, one of the girl's has her arm out in the air. Lost and Found gives off a more contemporary feel so that's my pick! 

Thanks to Kelsey who suggested this lookalike!

Have you spotted a Lookalike you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

UPDATE: Thanks to Pirate Penguin who added this one in the comments! 

The Song Reader by Lisa Tucker


  1. At least they each took their own picture this time.

  2. You're right -- it's the outstretched arm of the girl on the right that's so unusual!

  3. I like the first one, Lost and Found, too.

    What I wonder is this: do these covers actually match what's inside? I know, I know, don't judge a book, yadda, yadda, yadda, but...Doesn't it signify a lack of creativity and possibly a recycled storyline when your cover so closely resembles another? So weird.

  4. Gina- What gets me is often times 90% of the jackets from a genre have a same look and feel so they all start to blend together no matter if the actual images are the same or not. Know what I mean?

  5. The first one looks almost identical to the cover of Lisa Tucker's The Song Reader. o.O

  6. Pirate Penguin- Thank you! I added it in!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...