Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 105

The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris

Hardcover

Paperback

Tim Farnsworth walks. He walks out of meetings and out of bed. He walks in sweltering heat and numbing cold. He will walk without stopping until he falls asleep, wherever he is. This curious affliction has baffled medical experts around the globe--and come perilously close to ruining what should be a happy life. Tim has a loving family, a successful law career, and a beautiful suburban home, all of which he maintains spectacularly well until his feet start moving again.

What drives a man to stay in a marriage, in a job? What forces him away? Is love or conscience enough to overcome the darker, stronger urges of the natural world? THE UNNAMED is a deeply felt, luminous novel about modern life, ancient yearnings, and the power of human understanding.

I haven't read this book but I do think both versions of the book cover match the sense of walking and wandering and wondering the summary hints at. Though I can't help but think of how memorable the covers (especially the hardcover) for his previous book And Then We Came to the End are. Wish some of that magic could have been recaptured here.

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

5 comments:

  1. Paperback! i love that type of lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paperback! But both are good I think:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:09 PM

    Oooh I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover. The first one :)







    ------------------------------------
    BookCreak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...