Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hardcover vs Paperback 117

The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

Hardcover

Paperback


Sarah and Brianna have always been friends, and it's always gone like this: guys talk to Sarah in order to get closer to Brianna. So even though Sarah met Ryan first, she's not surprised that he ends up with Brianna (even though Sarah has a massive crush on him). The three of them hang out, and Sarah and Ryan's friendship grows until one night an innocent exchange between them leads to a moment that makes Sarah realize that Ryan might be interested in her after all. But if there's one unwritten rule, it's this: you don't mess around with a friend's boyfriend. So Sarah tries to resist temptation. But with the three of them thrown together more and more, tension builds between Sarah and Ryan, and when they find themselves alone together at one point, they realize they just can't fight how they feel anymore.... 
 
While I enjoy both covers I think the hardcover speaks to the plot a million more times, but at the same time it's not a very original concept for a cover. As far as the paperback goes every time I see it I want to turn the girl right side up. 

Thanks to Gail and Jenny who suggested this H vs P!


Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think either cover is all that great, but I do think the paperback is more original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think the hardcover is cute... and even on the lookalikes page, it's the best of those, too. It may not be original, but if you do something common really, really well, it's still cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:47 AM

    I definitely prefer the hardcover, even if it isn't all that original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the hardcover which is funny because I don't even like feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, your comment about wanting to turn around the girl had me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a thing about feet, so I prefer the paperback. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...