Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Weekly Dose of Crafts

Ahhhh Real Monsters! 



Ok sorry I'm a dork lol! But thanks to Tami I'm finally working on something other than my gray scarf! She suggested we both knit something from The Big Book of Knitted Monsters since we had it so I pulled out and book and picked Toothy Joe the Mailbox Monster because he seemed pretty easy. At first I had no idea what yarn to use and then it came to me. my TLC Essentials in Coraline! I had bought it to make some mittens and then decided against and never could think of anything to do with it, until now!

He doesn't look like much but hopefully by next Wednesday he'll look a little more monstery instead of blobby. To get the line of his mouth I had to bind off half of the stitches and now I'm trying to pick them back up again, but it is tight in there, ack!

For more crafty goodness be sure to stop over at WIP Wednesday! And find me on Raverly as mint910.


10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for knitted monsters! I love it in that colorway! Hopefully both of ours will look less blobby by next Wednesday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is going to be wonderful! Promise you'll post pictures when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it awesome how switching projects can get you all excited again? I LOVE that you guys are knitting monsters - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Binding off loosely enough is one of the hardest things about knitting, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! Can't wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love variegated yarn and those colors look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:49 AM

    I've seen nothing but raves about this book! And not a single negative comment either. I guess I will just have to buy it for myself and make up some monsters!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...