Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Weekly Dose of Crafts: Yarncation

No actual projects this week but I had something special I wanted to talk about! Two weekend ago I traveled to Hood River, Oregon for the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival. My friend Tami of Candy Skein and Tami's Amis had a booth there selling her hand dyed yarn. So I used the opportunity to take a vacation or rather a yarncation (I realized I hadn't really had one in a year) and meet up with Tami and a few of her friends from her knitting group who were very very nice and welcoming! 

I was good for the first few days but the last few days I went a little crazy and this is what I came home with:


One of the booths I fell in love at the festival was one called Alpha B, I just loved the saturated brightly colored yarn. First I bought the teal colored one and then the last day of the show I went back for the rest, realizing I would regret it if they didn't come home with me!


Another booth I visited was Abstract Fibers, after hearing about their Silk Hankies I had to investigate. After learning how to work with them I bought enough to make myself a cowl. I love things that are just slightly out of the ordinary and these definitely qualify!


And obviously I had to go home with some of Tami's Candy Skein yarn. I just have to say how excited and proud I am for Tami and her business. It was so fun to see it all in person finally! Go Tami!!! I plotted in my head and eventually started looking into my raverly queue to find some projects to pick yarn for. This is what I ended up with, a rainbow of color! Weee!


I had to point out one of my favorites that I bought from Candy Skein. Tami does a Sock Club of the month where she makes a new colorway that is only around for that month and this month's is called Butter Mints, look how pretty it is! So tasty!


The morning before I left we also went to a few yarn stores including one called Twisted, everyone at the festival said we must go there, and I bought a few things (you can see them pictured in that first image)! So that's a quick recap of my yarn-cation (ha!), have you gotten any beautiful or special yarn lately? What's new?

10 comments:

  1. OMG- awesome. I might have a bit of yarnenvy here. LOL Great loot- enjoy them hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. OMG....you really hit the mother load there with all your yarn yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I might have gone a little overboard!

      Delete
  3. Ahh! A Yarncation! LOVE it! I need one of those! haha I am in love with the bright yarns and those candy color ones are to die for! Love the verigated Butter Mints. It's way too cute! Glad you had a phenominal trip and scored such goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even prettier in person!

      Delete
  4. ooooooh a yarncation - i love it. I love the first yarns you shared - alpha yarns, they are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great haul. Have you seen the Effie Trinket sock pattern for the Buttermint yarn? It's awesome! Go Tami!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I even got to see it in person at the show!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...