Monday, June 06, 2005

Ghost World (the graphic novel)

Finally after years of thinking I would never get my hands on Ghost World I saw it for sale twice this year. The second time I was smart enough to buy it. I had thought it was out of print, turns out they reissued it after the fame of the movie based on it. It only took me a few years to figure that out. After watching the movie like 8 times it's really interesting to read the graphic novel. Bits and pieces of the graphic novel were used to make the movie. The central point of the movie is only hinted at in a chapter of the graphic novel. It's really cool to see how they took the concept of the gn and the two main characters and wrote this whole other thing that still has the same feel as the gn.

If you haven't seen the movie see it and then after that read the graphic novel.
I love the illustration style as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...