Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hardcover vs. Paperback 8

Vegan, Virgin, Valentine by Carolyn Mackler

Hardcover

Paperback 1

Paperback 2


Mara Valentine is in control. She's a straight-A student, a strict vegan and she's heading to Yale in the fall. So when her slutty, weed-smoking, sixteen-year-old niece - yes, niece - V comes to live with the family, Mara is horrified. Even more so when she starts dreaming about grilled cheese sandwiches every night and realizes she is falling for James, her boss. Unable to ignore these unfamiliar cravings, Mara starts to give into them a little and in doing so discovers her sexuality, redefines her relationship with her over-anxious parents and realizes that V could in fact be a potential friend and ally.

I like all three covers, maybe Paperback 2 a bit more than Paperback 1, I like how it's understated in that case. And maybe Paperback 2 a slight bit more than the Hardcover, though I do like the title treatment on the Hardcover. 

Hardcover or Paperback?

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 AM

    I think it's a bizarre title - I prefer the paperback cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like paperback 2 the best. The title is a little harder to read on pb 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the second paperback which is also my favorite cover of the three. I don't think I would've bought it if it had the first cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like paperback #1 the best. It's the one that would most catch my eye at a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said what I was going to say! I like them all. Paperback 2 more than paperback 1 though. I don't like the stars on paperback 1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them all, but my vote goes to #1-I think that's the paperback?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Paperback.. th darker pink is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Paperback 1 best. Of course, I am a big fan of hot pink so that probably swayed my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the first paperback because it's so vibrant - if I'm going to by a pink book with "virgin" in the title, I want to go all the way (pun fully intended).

    ReplyDelete
  10. paperback 1 is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all the covers look nice, Paperback 1 would probably pop out the most to me on a bookstore shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:10 PM

    I vote the middle one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paperback 1 definately! But I also do like the title on the hardback...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for weighing in everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...