Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hardcover vs. Paperback 9

Guyaholic by Carolyn Mackler

Hardcover

Paperback


Sometimes it takes getting hit with a hockey puck to help you see what’s good for you! Carolyn Mackler is back — and V is off on a solo road trip — in this funny, poignant follow-up to VEGAN VIRGIN VALENTINE.

V Valentine is the queen of meaningless hookups. Ever since her mom dumped her with her grandparents, she has bounced from guy to guy. But in the spring of senior year, a fateful hockey puck lands her in the lap of Sam Almond. Right from the start, things with Sam are different. V is terrified to admit it, but this might be meaningful after all. On the afternoon of graduation, V receives some shocking news. Later, at a party, she makes an irreversible mistake and risks losing Sam forever. When her mom invites her to Texas, V embarks on a cross-country road trip with the hopes of putting two thousand miles between herself, Sam, and the wreckage of that night. With her trademark blend of humor and compassion, Carolyn Mackler takes readers on an unforgettable ride of missed exits, misadventures, and the kind of epiphanies that come only when you’re on a route you’ve never taken before.

I adore the paperback millions of times more than the hardcover! The photography style is much more beautiful to me, I consider the hardcover a bit cheesy compared to the paperback. I think the paperback says roadtrip a bit better than the hardcover. 

Hardcover or Paperback?

20 comments:

  1. Paperback! The hardcover looks cheap and tacky ._.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that this was your pick this week. I saw the paperback online a couple of days ago and immediately thought it is so much better than that cheesy cover with the license plate!

    The paperback reminds of a lazy Sunday drive or a freeing road trip. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paperback for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely like the paperback better. I don't like how the author's name is larger than the title on the hardcover. That always makes me think that the book is being sold on the author's name, instead of its own merits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paperback, definitely. I haven't read this book, but with the hardcover's cover, if I saw that or another book I wanted in a bookstore, the vote would go for the other book. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Paperback without a doubt. The hardcover looks like it could be bad erotica or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely paperback! And, nicely put Laza!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:22 AM

    And what's wrong with cheap & tacky? That's my lifestyle in a nutshell. I vote for the HC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, huge improvement with the paperback! I agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for the paperback too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hardcover. Those shoes are hot!

    =)
    TruBlu

    ReplyDelete
  12. paperback! Oh a lookalike that I noticed was Cracked up to be by Courtney Summers and Dirty Laundry by Daniel Ehrenhart. They both got a girl in the uniform laying down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol(ina)- Oh yeah! I've had two people mention that one, it will definitely be going up! Maybe I should move it up sooner in the schedule! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paperback! I was gonna buy the hardcover but I think i'll wait for the paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh definitely Paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely paperback! The hardcover just looks trashy...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, the paperback is a lot more classy-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous11:08 PM

    oh...I am in the minority, although I like both, i think HC is better. There are too many chick lit's with high heels. It's just common, yet pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh you guys this was a fun one! I loved reading everyone's vote and reasoning!

    I myself bought a really cheap copy of the hardcover and am longing for it to magically turn into a paperback!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...