Thursday, February 19, 2009

The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro

From Amazon.com:
Parker Stanhope has played soccer practically since she could walk. And now that she’s a high school junior, everything she’s worked for is finally coming together. She’s paid her dues on the field, and as an upperclassman, she’s a shoo-in for the varsity team. But that’s not what happens.

This year, Coach Hartley moved up every JV player but two—and one of those two was Parker. Now, she’s stuck with the freshmen, her friends are cutting her loose, and her love of the game is seriously beginning to fail. But Parker is determined to get her life back. She has to get on the varsity team, and she has the perfect plan. All she needs now is the right kind of coach.

The ABC's of Kissing Boys is a cute book worth of multiple squeals! It's a great mixture of flirting, romance, and learning who you really are.

Parker's "faux-mance" with the younger Tristian stars innocently enough. He knows how to kiss and she needs his skills to pull off a stunt to get back onto the varsity soccer team. Soon enough the line between business and actual romance starts to blur and Parker finds out that maybe she's enjoying her time with Tristian a bit more than she had expected. And holy crap it's too cute for words! Their back and forth banter and warring fathers is great. It's never boring and always entertaining!

Parker's pack of three friends headed by Chrissandra decide to cut her loose so she can bond with her new team or so they say. But really they don't think she is good enough for them anymore, at first Parker goes along with their taunts and jokes but soon enough realizes they aren't real friends and ends up reconnecting with a friend from her past. I was so glad that Parker didn't allow these so-called friends of hers to get the best of her and ended up finding a real friend. It's actually something I could relate to and I'm glad that she ended up making the same decision as me (we are both for the better!)

This is a very enjoyable book that is fun and romantic but also deals with some of the issues kids face in school. This book will surely put you in a great mood!

The ABC's of Kissing Boys was released on January 13th.

4/5 Stars
Review copy received from publisher

What's one book that puts you in a great mood?

14 comments:

  1. I read this yesterday, it was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this sounds so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read too many YA books, but this one sounds interesting. I'm intrigued by your statement about it being worthy of many sequels. Thanks for the review.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one has ever described a Tina Ferraro book in such a way that I wanted to read it! You have so now I'm thinking I'll have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book made you squeal? I love books that evoke emotions like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "faux"mance is such a great term!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have just one book that puts me in a good mood! I mean, classics and YA always do the trick though, oh and Newbery award winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this too, it was indeed really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this as well. I loveeed Tristan and Becca.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to confess that I don't like the cover, and if I came across it at a bookstore it might make me shy away...but I've seen some reviews that have made me very, very curious. Yours included, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Alea, I'm so glad you enjoyed my book! Multiple squeals, huh? Wow--may I quote you?!?

    And thanks to the others of you who've read it, as well!

    Nymeth, you aren't the first who's hesitated at the cover. I wouldn't go so far as saying it's a love it/hate it cover, but it's certainly more controversial than my others. In any case, maybe read the blurbs and reviews and see if it's something that might appeal to you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bumped up to Next in my TBR/Reviewed pile! Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on finishing level one of the ARC Challenge. You are now working on level 2, The Over Achievers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those that have read it, I'm glad you agree. And to those of you that hope to read it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    Thanks for stopping by Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...