Thursday, February 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Storage

Question: I recently got new bookshelves for my room, and I’m just loving them. Spent the afternoon putting up my books and sharing it on my blog . One of my friends asked a question and I thought it would be a great BTT question. So from Tina & myself, we’d like to know “How do you arrange your books on your shelves? Is it by author, by genre, or you just put it where it falls on?”

Er, in the past I sort of arranged by genre and now I totally don't arrange. i haven't had room on my bookshelves for a long time now so they basically just go where there is room, in stacks mostly! A few months ago I tried to rearrange a bit to clump genres back together and it sort of worked but then I got new books and now it's a big mess again. Refer to this post to see what i mean. (Those pictures were totally taken after doing some straightening).

6 comments:

  1. I bet your house is overrun by books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved looking at your pictures.. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at other people's books =) I also used to arrange by genre, sort of. There was no specific method to the madness though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My shelves look a lot like yours. Stacks and stacks. I try to keep authors' books together, but sometimes that doesn't happen. Then about once a year, when it gets too overrun, it's time to take a deep breath and sell some back to Half-Priced books. Then things are under control, if only for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already know that our stacks are pretty much alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bermudaonion- Just my room!

    Claire- Sure thing!

    H- I love it too!

    A.- I used to bring things to Half Price Books too before I joined Bookmooch!

    Beth F- Hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...