Thursday, March 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Movie Potential

What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?

Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?


How funny that this is the question this week. I was just thinking how very much I would love to see a movie version of Jennifer Echol's Going Too Far! I just finished the book this week so unfortunately I haven't written my review yet.

Here's a blurb from Amazon:

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....

This book was beyond amazing and it would make one hot movie (look at the cover)! I would love to see these characters come alive on the big screen! I have no producer suggestions!

I can't think of a book that should never be a movie off the top of my head but I'm sure there are many!


12 comments:

  1. i thought that the entire time i was reading it. i think it would be a great movie and i don't think anything would have to be changed, i think it really would be perfect on the big screen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you and Erika Lynn say this. The whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking "What an awesome movie this would be!"

    So hope someone options it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect for a movie adaptation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another one I need to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like a good teen movie. There are so many YA books I wish would become movies. I'm really hoping the option for I'd Tell You I Love You... happens and the movie gets made. I saw today that The Hunger Games got optioned, which I think would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books that become movies. I just see them as different things...and the book is usually ALWAYS better, but it's just fun to see some aspects come alive.

    I'm not sure what should be a movie though...

    Wake by Lisa McMann. That would be awesome. That whole series.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read this one. Oh and I heard from deltay at lucidconspiracy.blogspot.com that apparently Catherine Hardwicke is adapting If I Stay, to come out in 2011. I was like, O_O!!!! when I found out. If you've read it, does it sound like a book with good movie potential to you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad this book is good, it should be arriving for me any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it would make a pretty neat movie. Not a summer blockbuster but maybe an interesting movie nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erika Lynn- Totally! Oh I hope someone makes it and SOON!

    Chris- Doesn't it!

    Shalonda- Fingers crossed! We can't be the only ones that think it!

    Marie- Yay!

    Emily- Yes, it's HOT!

    GreenBeanTeenQueen- Shoot I better hurry up and read The Hunger Games!

    Shooting Stars Mag- Exactly, it wouldn't replace the book just add to it!

    Steph Su- I just finished it today and DEFINITELY!

    H- Oh yay!

    Ladytink_534- Yeah it would be GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:30 PM

    I would love to see a movie of Jennifer Donnelly's A Northern Light.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...