Saturday, April 25, 2009

This Week In Books Or I Went Back to Borders Ooops!


Monday:
One Lonely Degree by C. K. Kelly Martin

This book is going to rule, seriously it sounds so amazing. It came for review.

Tuesday:
Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel
If The Witness Lied by Caroline B. Cooney

These were a fun surprise! For review.

Wednesday:

Cathy's Key by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman

Completes my trio of Cathy books. To review.

Thursday:

Turning Tables by Heather and Rose MacDowell
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Chuck Dugan is AWOL by Eric Chase Anderson

These came from the library sale. When I saw the Eric Chase Anderson book I starting freaking out. He's the brother of my favorite director Wes Anderson. He's done all the illustrations for the Criterion Collection packaging for the movies and also all the awesome art in the Royal Tenenbaums. I had completely forgotten he had written a book so I was SO happy to see it!

Dork Diaires: Tales from a not so fabulous life by Rachel Renee Russell


Ok, I just had to share a picture with you of what came with Dork Diaries. It's "Nikki's Purse", the main character's purse! It sounds like most of the contents relate directly to the story. You better believe I will have this next to me when I'm reading the book! What a fun marketing idea!

Friday:
nothing

Saturday:

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger
The Learners Chip Kidd
The Used World by Haven Kimmel

I went back to Borders....
anyhow two of these I was waiting for to come out in paperback and the third was a bargain book!

37 comments:

  1. Lol I knew you were gonna come back with some goodies.

    And that purse w/goodies is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want Nikki's Purse! How cute! Enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it a special thing at you store to get Nikki's Purse or is it at every bookstore? Anyway Happy Reading!!

    -Senfaye :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that purse. xD -want-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh that purse is awesome. Definitely a cool marketing idea for sure!!!

    You really did have a good week.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of My Most Excellent Year. I almost bought it today, but I got some others instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how much effort you put into stimulating the economy!

    Do you remember everything you have or do you sometimes buy a book and then remember you already have it? Also, I don't know if I've asked you this before, but do you keep any kind of list or record of what you have, because if you do I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know about the Lurlene McDaniel one called Breathless. I used to love her novels. They always made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you got One Lonely Degree. I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great selection of books!

    And I totally agree with you, the purse is a GREAT marketing strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That purse is cool! Did you buy that or did it come for review? I can't imagine it would sell with the book - does it? Is it all kinds of expensive?

    A curious,
    Cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to be so much more creative in my marketing of books.

    Clearly

    Much

    More

    Creative.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the books at Borders were just calling your name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got some really good books and I love the purse idea what a great marketing tool. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey everyone! "Nikki's Purse" came with Dork Diaries which came for review! Very fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great week in books! I just got textbooks for my last few summer classes. Oh, and one book from Mooch and one from my grandma! So a fair week for me too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, I've got to read A Northern Light so bad. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love when you post these picture montages of your books...those covers are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like the purse. Love the books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Learners looks good! And that cover ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome books. I love Nikki's Purse! It's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great books. And congrats on the Anderson book!!

    I love the purse idea. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard nothing but good things about A Northern Light. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to get the Cathy books. They sent me the third one for review...I hate when they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love the subtitles you come up with for these!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic book week as always! You need to stop rubbing your book buying habits onto me!! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My Most Excellent Year is a great book. I love it. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yeay for all the great books and I still adore how you display them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Nikki's Purse thing is probably one of the coolest marketing strategies I've ever seen! I'm actually thinking of incorporating something similar for my students when they do literary character analysis! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9:22 PM

    Wow Nikki's purse seems way cool! And One Lonely Degree. I really want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like you had a good week, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Woah- what a great marketing idea! totally!

    ReplyDelete
  33. great week! One Lonely Degree looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love, love, love the purse. Great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cover of A Northern Light is better than the one we have at school. This one makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Is there any surface in your home not covered with books? :P Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...