Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday! 27

Hold Still by Nina LaCour

From The Publisher's Catalog:

An arresting story about starting over after a friend's suicide, from a breakthrough new voice in YA fiction.

dear caitlin, there are so many things that i want so badly to tell you but i just can't.

Devastating, hopefully, hopeless, playful . . . in words and illustrations, Ingrid left behind a painful farewell in her journal for Caitlin. Now Caitlin is left alone, by loss and by choice, struggling to find renewed hope in the wake of her best friend's suicide. With the help of her family and newfound friends, Caitlin will encounter first love, broaden her horizons, and start to realize that true friendship didn't die with Ingrid. And the journal which once seemed only to chronicle Ingrid's descent into depression, becomes the tool by which Caitlin once again reaches out to all those who loved Ingrid-and Caitlin herself.

Released October 15th 2009

Hands down, I need to read this. I feel like I might get a lot out of it. And with my attempts at reading what I like to call, "Sad books" I think this could turn out to be amazing. And what's this about a journal with illustrations, I'm definitely eager to see this.

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

21 comments:

  1. that cover is GORGEOUS!!! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. I want that cover, too. And it sounds like a space that I was in for a long time while I wrote the short story, "The Longest Distance." It's an important theme and sounds like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is quite appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - the cover is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a book that will be difficult to read and hard to put down at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! MUST READ!

    You know, I won a poetry contest with the theme "suicide prevention" in jr high. My poem was titled "An Empty Chair at the Table".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just got this book on Monday and was going to start reading it today. It does look really good and the cover is even more gorgeous in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the cover and the book sounds like a challange for me but still gets my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Haven't heard of this one but now I really want to read it. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! I'm looking forward to Stieg Larsson's followup to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Coming in July! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds really good. Onto my WL it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cover and what seems like an amazing plot. You can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I.Need.This. For sure! It sounds amazing and I love these type of stories even if they are really sad, just b/c they are so real, you know?

    And the cover is amazing.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds soooo good. I had not heard about it before!! Thanks for posting! Super awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I MUST read this, it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an emotional book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got this one! :D I've heard it's AMAZING from two people, so I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover of this one. I might read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely sounds like a winner to me! Great choice 8)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. This sounds amazing. Sort of like 13 Reasons Why. Gorgeous cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beth- That reminds me, i have the anthology and really want to read your story!

    Can't wait to read it! Hope everyone enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...