Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun YA Bookish Things

Libba Bray Reading at There.com

This is something that is surely new and different! Libba will be doing a reading of THE SWEET FAR THING and chatting with other There.com avatars from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, April 28th. There.com looks to me like a cross between the Sims and Second Life, it can't not be cool, to see/hear an author reading as an avatar!

Susane Colasanti Sampler

This is handy! You can read the first three chapters of all three of Susane Colasanti's books! I think that's a perfect way to figure out which of her books you want to start with, especially with her third coming out in less than a month!


Harry Potter vs. Twilight
Ok this is totally awesome, kids battling it out as to which series is better. Reminds me of something I did in elementary school called Battle of the Books! Can you say awesome!




Supernatural Summer E-book Sampler

This is cool! A free e-book sampler of 5 of Harper Teen's newest and upcoming supernatural titles! The sampler includes excerpts from Claudia Gray's Stargazer, Melissa Marr's Fragile Eternity, Aprilynne Pike's Wings, Kim Harrison's Once Dead, Twice Shy and Kelley Armstrong's The Awakening! It also looks like there is a tour attached to this!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, the Twilight/HP debate made me smile-they did an awesome job! I would love to host something like that at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:24 PM

    I think it's so great to see kids involved in something like this, related to books! And those did a great job of it. "In my time", or at least, in my school, there wasn't such a thing. Teachers had a really hard time making us read, and even though the school was big (around 3 000 students of age 14, 15, 16), the library was always deserted.

    I know, because I was that kid, sitting there every day on lunch break, reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I really want to read Wings...but let's see how I like the sampler...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll eventually get around to picking up Libba Bray's books! Lol, well I could care less which one is better as I love them both but I'm glad there are kids who do. Maybe when they grow up they'll continue to do stuff like that with other books!

    Thanks for the sampler link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the libba bray event announcement. sounds like a fun one to see/ hear. certainly different with the avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone enjoys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...