Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 82

Goldengrove by Francine Prose

Hardcover

Paperback

Amazon.com:

After the sudden death of her beloved older sister, thirteen-year-old Nico finds her life on New England's idyllic Mirror Lake irrevocably altered. Left alone to grope toward understanding, she falls into a seductive, dangerous relationship with her sister's boyfriend. Over one haunted summer, Nico faces that life-changing moment when children realize their parents can no longer help them as she experiences the mystery of loss and recovery. Still, for all the darkness at its heart, Goldengrove is radiant with the lightness of summer and charged by the restless sexual tension of adolescence.

Definitely the paperback. I find the human element on the cover of this book to be very important. I guess you could see something subtle in the hardcover but to me it just looks like a non-fiction story about someone living on a lake. Sounds like an interesting book as well.

Hardcover or Paperback?

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:20 AM

    Hardcover for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with both of them. I love that idyllic look of the lake, but the upside down boat gives it an air of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the paperback. The hardcover is cool with the reflection of the canoe off of the water, but I like to see some of the character on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the paperback more. I can connect better with a book when someone is on the front. Also, paperbacks are bendable and easy to carry compared to hardcovers. Just a personal taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the paperback!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, can't choose one from both. but, if i should, well paperback then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that hardcover may just be one of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen. It looks bleak in a way that makes it look mysterious and alluring. I love it. Hardcover all the way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hardcover--how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...