Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
My adventure in historical romance continues and what a fun book Ten Things I Love About You was! I really liked Annabel and LOVED Sebastian. He was played off as a bit of a rake but he was so darn sweet and a very nice guy! He has a secret occupation that no one else knows about but makes him so very endearing, that was definitely my favorite part of the story.
And Annabel's struggle between doing what's right for her family and what's right for her, stuck between a mean (and disgusting) uncle and his nephew he hates. It happens accidentally but when it comes down to it, words are had, fists are thrown and it's kind of awesome.
Another great character was Annabel's grandmother, oh god lord this lady had a mouth on her and she made every scene she was in! But really all the secondary characters were great like Sebastian's relatives and Annabel's cousin.
Ten Things I Love About You has a really great balance of humor and the dramatics and for those of you that want to know it's light on the sensual scenes but there is still a touch of it there. I've been hearing for awhile know Julia Quinn is a talented author and I would have to agree! I can't wait to go back and read some of her earlier books including The Duke and I!
Genre: Historical Romance
E-galley provided by publisher
Check out the super cute trailer below. Is it just me or are book trailers getting better and better? Love this one!