Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Weekly Dose of Crafts

For more crafty goodness be sure to stop over at WIP Wednesday!


My 2 blankets are getting close to being done yay! Also, I think I'm becoming the master of blurry pictures :( Closest to done is the Granny stripe blanket that you didn't see last week. I decided it was going to be way too large with the stripes going perpendicular to a bed so I flipped the blanket to make it parallel and decided it was almost done (with 3 stripes of each color). All that it needs is a border or edging which I think I've already picked out, we'll see how it looks and some ends need to be still weaved in!


The Summer Garden Granny square blanket is coming along as well. I started putting the squares together! I have 4 of 11 rows attached, so still a bit to go!


Also, I ordered 10 books from Amazon recently and they are starting to arrive, for some reason they are coming in 5 shipments, oy! This is the first of the craft books I ordered that has arrived! And yesterday evening I happened to be near one of the yarn stores I wanted to check out so I went there and got 2 more skeins of this yarn I've been collecting. I think I want to make grannies with it, I think I have 9 colors! But I'm not positive if that's what I'll end up making.

Since I ended up needed far less yarn for the Granny Stripe blanket I think I'm going to use the leftover yarn which is like 15 or so almost full skeins and start a ripple blanket! This time I'm going to stitch it in ROYGBIV and also I think swap in and out a few colors! Who knows, maybe next week I'll already have something to show!

Happy Crafting!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, now you're going to be overrun with books and blankets! Just kidding! I love the bright colors you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lu, you're cranking on these! They're beautiful. I'm totally jealous! LOL

    Let me know how that book is, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Love the blankets you have done..
    Couple of questions.. How many chain stitches did you start off with for the granny stripe blanket? My problem when blankets lately is that i'm not getting them wide enough. The chain is wide when I start but as I start with like the second row I notice that the blanket shrinks..
    I tried making this blanket before when I seen that you were making it but for some reason my work runs together, it doesn't go in between the stitches like it is supposed to.. Hopefully I can figure that out. I might started a tester blanket today just to give it a try..
    Great work!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trisha-

    For the Granny stripe I did what Attic24 did, 240 stitches long but it ended up being too long, next time I think I would do less. Did you follow Attic24's pattern? Her directions were definitely the best for me to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - so many colours and blankets! Either you're cranking them out like some kind of machine or you have amazing patience for the longer lasting project... or perhaps both :)

    Lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors! I really like the striped blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh!!! I love your blanket!! Someday I will have the patience to make one! That book looks like fun too....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love all the bright colors. I'm super jealous as the only blanket I've made took me months upon months to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool blankets! The idea of the striped blanket appeals to me. I've made granny squares before, and I hate weaving in the ends. I guess there are still ends to weave in with the stripes (but hopefully not as many)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes! You are a crocheting machine. These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so beautiful! The colors make me happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...