Thursday, December 18, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Generosity and Treat

Do you give books as gifts?
To everyone? Or only to select people?
How do you feel about receiving books as gifts?

Yes I do! I only give them to people that express interest in reading though. Which is a lot of people, except for my mom! I usually like to give books but if a friend or family member doesn't really read much I won't force a book on them :P 

I like getting books for presents, but for a lot of people they have no idea what i like or would want. So it's good to have a wishlist if they really want to get me a book! 

What is the best book you ever bought for yourself?
And, why? What made it the best? What made it so special?


Best book I bought myself? I don't know if this is the best but I was pretty proud of my purchase... I bought myself Matthew Barney's companion book to The Cremaster Cycle. It retails for $75! I was making my own money for the first time and had a really good 40% off coupon so I ended up buying it at Borders! (Should have bought it on Amazon, lol!) It's a beautiful book with great photography! I was just so excited I could buy myself something like this!

What's a special book you have bought for yourself? What books are you buying for gifts this holiday season?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 PM

    I like getting books as present too :) but when giving I have to think!! And if they dnt end up reading my gift... i feel sad :)

    I buy all the books.. but then .. which one was the most special... umm! I can't seem to think properly.. if I find something i iwll come back and comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:36 AM

    Best book I ever bought myself... The Sky is Red by Giuseppe Berto. Probably top five all time as far as books I've read. Found it in a little used book shop in Ludington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veens- I like to try and get the perfect gift and it can be really hard!

    Naida- Very fun!

    After The Blackbird Sings- Random used book shops are the best! Sometimes you find the greatest things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...