Thursday, December 18, 2008

The 2009 ARC Reading Challenge

I didn't think I would join any challenges when I first joined the book blogging community but I keep finding ones that fit what I already am planning to read so how can I not join! It will be fun to spend this year reading along with others in this challenge and hearing what they are reading and enjoying! The 2009 ARC Reading Challenge is being hosted by Teddy Rose of So Many Precious Books, So Little Time. Are you interested in joining too? Go to this link to check out the details and join!

So it looks like I'm supposed to list all the ARCs and/or review books I currently have and add to the list as I get more. And since I have more than 12 my goal is to read and review 12 of the books from the list by December 31st 2009!

Here's my list:
1. The Customer Is Always Wrong edited by Jeff Martin
2. When Wanders Cease To Roam by Vivian Swift
8. Going Down South by Bonnie J. Glover
10. Your Roots Are Showing by Elise Chidley
12. Something Like Beautiful by Asha Bandele
13. The Gifted Gabaldon Sisters by Lorraine Lopez
14. The Mighty Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickson
16. I'm Sorry You Feel That Way by Diana Joseph
18. The Misadventures of Oliver Booth by David Desmond
19. Persistence of Memory of Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
20. Superpowers by David J. Schwartz
21. Parties and Potions by Sarah Mlynowski
22. Cathy's Ring by Sean Stewart and Jordan Weisman
23. The Plague by Joanne Dahme
24. Rainy Day Rescue by Inda Schaenen
25. The Quarter Horse Foal by Inda Schaenen
30. The Octopus Effect by Michael Reisman
35. Boy Minus Girl by Richard Uhlig
36. Shelter Me by Alex McAulay
39. Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen
40. Getting the Girl by Susan Juby
41. Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
43. Hollywood Royalty: The A-List by Zoey Dean
46. The Devil's Paintbox by Victoria McKernan
47. No Such Thing As The Real World by Various
49. I Can Make You Thin by Paul McKenna
50. In Too Deep by Jennifer Banash
51. The Kiss Murder by Mehmet Murat Somer
52. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
53. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
54. Chasing Boys by Karen Tayleur
55. The Season by Sarah MacLean
56. The Makedown by Gitty Daneshvari
57. Lucky Girl by Mei-Ling Hopgood
58. 20 Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
59. Geektastic by Various
60. Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
61. Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
62. Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti
63. Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley
64. You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay
65. Hottie by Jonathan Bernstein
66.Heartbreak River by Tricia Mills
67. Peace, Love and Baby Ducks by Lauren Myracle
68. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
69. Sophomore Switch by Abby McDonald
70. The Fearless Fish Out of Water by Robin Fisher Roffer
71. Confessions of a Former Child by Daniel J. Tomasulo
72. Prelude by William Coles
73. Anthem of a Reluctant Prophet by Joanne Proulx
74. The Rose Variations by Marisha Chamberlain
75. Everything Is Fine by Ann Dee Ellis
76. The Local News by Miriam Gershow
77. Retail Anarchy by Sam Pocker
78. Alligator Bayou by Donna Jo Napoli
79. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
80. B as in Beauty by Alberto Ferreras
81. Busy Woman Seeks Wife by Annie Sanders
82. Highway to Hell by Rosemary Clement- Moore
83. Brutal by Michael Harmon
84. Surface Tension by Brent Runyon
85. Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
86. Genesis by Bernard Beckett
86. TMI by Sarah Quigley
87. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
88. My Big Nose and other Natural Disasterse by Sydney Salter
89. The Entomological Tales of Augustus T. Percival by Dene Low
90. Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
91. Tempo Change by Barbara Hall
92. It's Not You, It's Me by Kerry Cohen Hoffmann
93. A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell
94. Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian
95. Destroy All Cars by Blake Nelson
96. Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede
97. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
98. Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
99. Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
100. The Diamonds by Ted Michael
101. Deep in the Heart of High School by Veronica Goldbach
102. Five Minutes More by Darlene Ryan
103. Say the Word by Jeannine Garsee
104. Every Last Cuckoo by Kate Maloy
105. Project Sweet Life by Brent Hartinger
106. Prophecy of the Sisters of Michelle Zink
107. Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
108. Everything Asian by Sung J. Woo
109. Precious by Sandra Novack
110. The Beef Princess of Practical County by Michelle Houts
111. Sebastian Darke: Prince of Pirates by Philip Caveney
112. Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder
113. Wicked Plants by Amy Stewart
114. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
115. Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
116. 30 Days to Finding and Keeping Sassy Sidekicks and Bffs by Clea Hantman
117. One Lonely Degree by C.K. Kelly Martin
118. If The Witness Lied by Caroline B. Cooney
119. Breathless by Lurlene McDaniel
120. Cathy's Key by Jordan Weisman and Sean Stewart
121. Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell
122. The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
123. The Marriage Bureau for Rich People by Farahad Zama
124. Alyzon Whitestarr Isobelle Carmody
125. Castration Celebration by Jake Wizner
126.The Sweet Life of Stella Madison by Lara M. Zeises
127. Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
128. After Amy Efaw
129. Hold Still Nina Lacour
130. Wanderlust by Lucy Silag
131. Fire by Kristin Cashore
132. Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer
133. I am a Genius of Unseapkable Evil and I want to be your Class President by Josh Lieb
134. Donut Days by Lara Zielin
135. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
136. Exclusively Chloe by J.A. Yang
137. Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker
138. Beach Trip by Cathy Holton
139. An Off Year by Claire Zulkey
140. Leftovers by Heather Waldorf
141. How to Buy A Love of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson
142. Slept Away by Julie Kraut
143. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
144. And Then Everything Unraveled by Jennifer Sturman
145. The Comeback by Marlene Perez
146. The Geek Girl's Guide to Cheerleading by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance
147. Magickeepers: The Eternal Hourglass Book One by Erica Kirov
148. Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman
149. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
150. Guinevere's Gamble by Nancy McKenzie
151. Mare's War by Tanita S. Davis
152. The Sorceress by Michael Scott
153. Ash by Malinda Lo
154. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
155. Another Faust by Daniel and Dina Nayeri
156. Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles
157. Love, Lies, and Texas Dip by Susan McBride
Red Carpet Riot by David Van Etten

13 comments:

  1. Oh North of Beautiful! Read that one first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Wow, how does everyone get so many ARCs to read in the first place? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see readers with more ARCs to read than me. :) Looks like a good list.

    Thanks again for signing up for the graphic novels challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flattered to make the list! If you need a copy of the GG arc, you can email me directly and I can put you in touch with my publicist: micol@micolostow.com.
    Also, if you visit BradfordNovels.blogspot.com between now and the GG release (1/27) and download our countdown widget onto your website or blog, I will send you a fabulous freebie.
    (Yeah, I'm not above bribes).
    Other galleys I'VE read lately that I *must* plug: "If I Stay," Gayle Forman, and "Pure," Tera Elan McVoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like another challenge to add to my growing list of possibilities. I love the ones that are like, "read the books you were going to read anyway." J.Kaye is really good at those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:25 PM

    You have quite a pile of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another one I could join and finish with flying colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining the challenge! Looking at your list, maybe you should consider joining ARC's anonymous. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:37 PM

    LOLOLOL! Your list is as long as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharonanne- I'm definitely excited about it!

    debbieworld- I still don't really know. Something that was really helpful to me was some of the groups here:http://bookblogs.ning.com/

    Laza- Yeah I'm really excited about a lot of these and SO excited about the Graphic Novels challenge!

    Micol- Thanks again!

    Ali- Yeah I tried to find challenges that fit was I was hoping to read and it would just help me along!

    Veens- I do!

    Lenore- I hope you do!!!

    Teddy Rose- I need to join Bookaholics Anonymous!

    J. Kaye- I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love finding other poeple with ARC lists as long as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a MASSIVE list. Where do you get all your ARCs from??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa- I think it's doubled in the last week!

    LisaMay- I'd suggest Librarything.com's Early Reviewer's Program and also the groups on bookblogs.ning.com. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...