Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fall Into Reading 2008 Challenge Wrap Up



So my first ever reading challenge has come to an end today! And I think I finished it, tell me if you agree? I read 12 of the 13 books on my list with the 13th being a book I started and ended up giving up on. I would have finished it if I didn't decide to abandon it. I didn't change any of the books on my list which I'm pretty proud of!

Here's my list:
3. The Wordy Shipmates gave up on after 80 pgs this rarely happens!
10. The Grift


Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?
As I said above, finished 12/13 with the 13th being one I decided I didn't want to finish. So to me yes I did! I also read about 11 other books that weren't on the list.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?
I did stick to my original list which I'm proud of! I really wanted to finish these books by today and I did!

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
My favorite book I read this fall off of my list was Perfect On Paper with Off the Menu coming in a close second! Least favorite would have to be the book I didn't finish, The Wordy Shipmates. After 80 or so pages I realized I couldn't remember anything I had read and that wasn't a good sign!

Did you learn something new because of the Fall Into Reading challenge?—something about reading, or yourself, or a topic you read about?
One thing I learned was maybe I need to take a break from short stories. It seems to me that often times the short stories don't have concrete endings and it started to get to me with Swimming With Strangers.

What was your favorite thing about the Fall Into Reading challenge?
My favorite thing was making a reading list and seeing myself complete it! I loved crossing books off as I read them, I'm looking forward to doing that with my 3 challenges for 2009!

Thanks to Katrina of Callapidder Days for hosting this challenge!

What was the last challenge you completed or one you are joining in 2009?

11 comments:

  1. I wish I finished my reading challenge books, but the original list had 20 then I increased it to 30 and now I think the final update was 20 or 21. LOL But I finished all of them, though some of them were not the same ones I selected in the beginning..

    Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 PM

    You finished it in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on what you accomplished with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic first reading challenge, I think. Here's my wrap-up post:

    http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2008/12/fall-into-reading-2008-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Congratulations! That is Awesome :)

    Both the books Perfect on Paper and Off the Menu are in my wish list :)

    I completed OT 2008 last :) u saw me Baking a cake in celebration :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:37 AM

    And Yes I am having a great evening :)
    Hope u r having a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job. I consider your challenge as a successful completion! This was my first one too!

    I wrote my wrap-up post last month here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:02 PM

    Oh my gosh, you did awesome! I refuse to post my results...not sure if I even finished a book. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! And yes, I would definitely say you succeeded in this challenge! I don't read too many short stories, but I did read a collection of them this fall, and I think you're right -- they do tend to be more ambiguous. Maybe that's why I don't normally read to many -- I like a good, concrete resolution. :) Thanks for being part of FIR '08!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing 12 of the 13. You did well and have an nteresting group of books. I managed to finish all but one as well. I'm joining several challenges in 2009 including hosting Winter Reading Challenge. Come on over and see my wrap up post.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun with my first challenge and am looking forward to my 3 for 2009!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...