Friday, May 01, 2009

This Year In Movies: April

This month I watched 6 movies and 2 tv shows on dvd. I'm getting more and more pathetic every month! But really, I think it means I'm reading more which can't be bad!

The IT Crowd- This was hilarious and I highly suggest it for fans of The Big Bang Theory. Check out my full review here.

Slumdog Millionaire- Good but not great. I think The Curious Case of Benjamin Button should have gotten the Oscar. See my full review here.

Doubt- I was expecting a bit more from this movie. And it was very obvious to me that this was originally a play (i didn't know until after i had watched it but had a feeling). I think they could have done more to bring it off the stage and more to life.

Hulchul- Ok, not one of my favorite Bollywood movies. Not enough cheese (singing and dancing) and too much seriously family drama.

The Spirit- Kind of disappointing. I much prefer Sin City. This almost seemed like a less serious spoof of Sin City. It was ok but the quality wasn't up there with Sin City.

Pineapple Express- Funny and a little more violent that I expected. It got a little too silly at times but I enjoyed it. Wasn't my favorite by this group though.

10 Items or Less Season 1- This just happens to share a name and location (grocery store) with the movie 10 Items or Less. It is really funny and I can't wait to watch more.

The Secret Life of Bees- I expected to like this movie but I actually LOVED IT. Wow just wow. Makes me glad I also have a copy of the book to read!

9 comments:

  1. What?!! Slumdog Millionaire was awesome! Way better than curious case, I mean curious case was a major rip off of forest gump

    but hey that's my opinion :D, except for the rip off part, that's a fact :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Pineapple Express ... I was surprised by the amount of violence. Somehow they made it still funny though ...

    "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, m---f---!" Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Slumdog Millionaire, and not Curious Case as much! Hmmm, interesting opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Slumdog. And the book of Secret Life of Bees is great. Really, really great. I haven't seen the movie yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorite books. I even wrote a paper on it once! I haven't seen the movie yet but I hope to soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on Slumdog - I enjoyed it, but it wasn't the best picture of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doubt and Pineapple Express are on my list. But violent, huh? I don't always do so well with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen any of these! The Secret Life of Bees is one I want to watch eventually though (really liked the book).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely loved the Secret Life of Bees--like you, I wasn't expecting it to be amazing, but it most definitely was!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...