Saturday, December 27, 2008

This Week In Books or Holy Crap What A Load of Books (and none received X-mas day!)


Monday:


This was my LibraryThing Santa Thing gift, I talked about how wonderful it was here.

Tuesday:


You Don't Love Me Yet was featured in a Hardcover vs. Paperback a few weeks ago, check it out here. And luckily I purchased The Lagoon a few weeks before I joined the Graphic Novels challenge so I'll definitely be reading it soon! And Willow is WILLOW!

Wednesday:



So woke up this morning and my dad was bringing in the newspaper and two packages! Christmas definitely came early! Expect a lot of young adult book reviews in the near future!!!!


This is a comic by the author of Unlovable which I featured a few weeks ago for Waiting on Wednesday here. Unfortunately Unlovable isn't in stock yet even though it was supposed to be released on the 15th :( I'll be reading this and Unlovable if it ever comes out for the Graphic Novels Challenge too!

Thursday: nothing. No worries though, I usually don't get books for Christmas, except a few times in college where I sent my mom a list and I was like, "I need this book I am poor please feel bad for meeeeeeee!!!!!!!" Oddly enough until part way through college I didn't buy many books, only art/design books and novels I had read from the library and LOVED! What the hell has happened to me!?!?

Friday:

Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes (one of my favorite graphic novels!)

Sooo...... had to stop by the doctor's which meant stopping by Half Price Books and then I got stuck waiting in there while everyone else was trying on clothes in another store! I just have to say The Abstinence Teacher was only $2!!


Came home to the mail which included Shelter Me for review and Paper Towns and College Girl from the lovely Lenore of Presenting Lenore! Thanks so much Lenore!!!!!!!


I bought a few books for my Grandma at Half Price Books and she decided she wanted the rest of the titles by that author, in that genre (do you see where i get it?). So we stopped by a local used store and found them all plus two more Mates and Dates books for me!


And then we finally made it to Borders, I was in search for a present for my sister, I guess books are ok again she decided and a 50% off calendar. What I didn't realize was that their was a clearance sale going on as well!!! I was sort of tired of bookstores by the end of the day!

Saturday: nothing!

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:31 PM

    I have Ice Haven on my Graphic Novels 2009 Challenge list - glad to hear it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, Alea! Quite a haul. (: FLYGIRL looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, tired of bookstores? I've never experienced that. Although I don't usually get to go to multiples in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, look at all those books! Holy crap about sums it up :P I hope you enjoy them all!

    I was hoping to get Paper Towns for Christmas, but no luck :( Ah well...I'll treat myself to a copy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Awesome books. I am so jealous that you got Willow, Wintergirls and If I Stay. It seems like everyone has these except me!

    Yay for Fat Hoochie Prom Queen! That was on my Christmas wishlist.

    You are going to LOVE Paper Towns. Put it at the top of your TBR pile.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Geez, that's a lot of books. How will you find time to read them all! holly_t

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that might be even too many books for me! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. The only large bookstore we have around here is Borders. But I was able to buy a hardcover of Audrey, Wait! for just $4!! I felt lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the artistry of that picture this week LOL!

    You got some great ones - now you just need time to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, Alea! I hope you live on the first floor somewhere, or in a structurally reinforced building. What a gorgeous array of...books!

    WHat an interesting coincidence, about the Gogol (thanks for visiting my blog). Now I want to know about Willow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got Willow last week, too! It's so amazing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! What a haul! You have some great reading ahead of you. Can't wait to read your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:31 AM

    I love looking for bargain books too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GOODNESS ALEA! that is insane, but I love it! You have some awesome books there. I'd love to read so many of them, especially Wintergirls and College Girl. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so lucky! I have Paper Towns on my TBR list for next year. Happy Readings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a lot of books! :-) I did not receive any books on Christmas day either, but I did get gift cards to bookstores. That counts towards something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Holy cow! Do you have to walk through tunnels of books in your house? By the way, do you photoshop your pictures? I wish I was skilled at that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:31 PM

    WOW! What a heavenly week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by everyone and not for pointing and laughing for more than a few minutes :P

    Glad I'm not the only one getting some bargain books lately! And I really need to find a way to work Paper Towns into my reading this year! Maybe I can swap out a book on my YA Challenge list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alea girl your killing me! I need to stop adding books to my wishlist, not keep adding more! Which is exactly what I do when I am on your blog! I thought I was lucky with my x-mas grabs, but now they feel measly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Korianne- LOL sorry! I checked out what you got a few days ago, sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lucky!!! I want to read Spud sooo badly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...