Friday, September 07, 2007

It's been awhile

I have posted here or on the Ink Engine blog for some time now. I think it was a mix of laziness/feeling I didn't have anything to say/ and being busy reading other blogs! But now I have a list of things I'd like to post about!

Just started reading Atonement by Ian McEwan and Pretty Little Mistakes by Heather McElhatton (very close to each other on the Borders shelf!)

My friend lists Atonement as one of her favorite books so I had always wanted to read it. Then I watched some behind the scenes features on the movie version that's due to come out soon and knew now was my chance to read it. Books are always better before you see the movie versions. It's somehow become a personal goal to try and read books before seeing the movie version. I can say that that was not the case with the first few Harry Potter movies/books.

Pretty Little Mistakes is called a "Do-Over Novel" much like the children's Choose Your Own Adventure books. It's rather fun! It starts the day you graduate from high school and your first choice is to go to college or travel. It boasts 150 endings.

Some good movies to check out, described in two words or less:
Year of the Dog (Comedy/Drama)
The Devil and Daniel Johnston (Heartbreaking)
Cashback (Time stops)
Mirrormask (Sci-Fi/Artsy)
Little Manhattan (Adorable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...