Monday, May 05, 2008

Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club


Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club follows the lives of four friends in Hollywood. Each chapter is told from an alternating viewpoint but their storylines always cross paths. At first I suspected it may be similar to all the other chick lit I had read and in a way it was, but at the same time it was much more fun that I remember other chick lit books being. Maybe because it was set around the movie business which is something I'm really interested in. I also felt the alternating viewpoints was a great strength of keeping the story interesting. I feel chick lit stories told from one perspective always turn into "poor me stories" where the main character is always feeling sorry for herself about something. I didn't feel that so much with this story. I also loved the bit of mystery to the story, it helped me keep reading because I wanted to know what happened. I also enjoyed the characters of Kiki and Boom Boom, some people not directly in the circle of the four main characters. I do feel it would have been best if I had read the first book first (didn't realize there was one until I started reading the book) it would have been nice to get the background on the main characters families and so forth, in the second book they are just mentioned in the background mostly. This was a fun book that I really enjoyed!

ARC from Librarything's Early Reviewer's Program.
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...