Friday, August 01, 2008

This Year In Movies: July


This was an even worse month than June. It's just darn right pathetic! I guess I was away for an entire weekend and had some unplayable dvds from Netflix that held up my tv show watching (gotta watch them in order!) but still! It's horrible!

Speak- based on the YA novel. Someone pointed out that this was a movie so I rented it. Oh it made me cry! It was very good though.

WALL-E-
the Pixar movies keep getting better and better. This was really really good.

Semi-Pro-
He just needs to stop making sports movies, worst one yet. I do want to see Stepbrothers still.

The Tracey Fragments-
Weird in a bad way. This made about no sense to me and had no conclusion that I noticed. If you want to see an Ellen Page movie just watch Juno, again if you have to.

Mamma Mia!-
This was fun! I wanted to re experience the excitement of last year's Hairspray. It was pretty good, but Hairspray still wins.

Mad Men Season 1-
Love it!

My Blueberry Nights-
The beginning was best.

Love Songs-
A French Musical! This was a different sort of movie, usually musicals are really over the top this wasn't, it's very hard to follow subtitled singing, it happens too quickly. I really like the main guy!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:30 PM

    I am so glad you mentioned SPEAK! I had no idea. Going to BlockBuster to take a look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. Kaye- It was a made for tv movie so hopefully they will have it! It was pretty powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:10 PM

    They do! And I added it to the list. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Let me know what you think of it! Man I want to cry just thinking about it right now! FYI, the girl that plays "the girl" I can't remember her name, is Kirsten Stewart the girl playing Bella in the Twilight movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Now I'm really excited! (lol) I was before, but this is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J. Kaye- I know! That got me to bump it all the way to the top of my queue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...