Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Thingers!

Today's Question: Have you ever added a quote to the quotation field in common knowledge? What's a quote you particularly like from a book, one that you know by heart?

No I haven't added a quote. I haven't actually really looked into the common knowledge features on Librarything. I'm looking at them now and it's actually an interesting group of information! Dedication, first words, important places etc. I'll definitely have to look at these more often! I could see myself someday sitting down and filling in a bunch of info just for fun!

Has anyone contributed information to the LibraryThing common knowledge? What's your favorite common knowledge feature?

Anyhow, I've always liked the first few lines of The Great Gatsby. "In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind every since. "Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

5 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like many of us have explored Common Knowledge yet. I didn't know anything about it until today. That's a fine quote, by the way - Gatsby's always been one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:04 AM

    LOL ~ Me either...but it's a cool feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think any of us have actually added a quote, it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quotes. And great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jlshall- Hopefully this will push us all the contribute! It's such a fun concept!

    J. Kaye- Yeah! Maybe this weekend I'll pull out some books and add in some knowledge!

    S. Krishna- There are people out there doing it... just not anyone we know, who are they! ;)

    Lenore- I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...