Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday! 28

An Off Year by Claire Zulkey

From The Publisher's Catalog:

A tense and quirky transition year that will resonate with over-programmed teens.

Cecily has always done everything as she was supposed to: taken the right classes, gotten the right grades, applied to the right colleges. But after a lifetime of following the rules, she surprises everyone by arriving for her freshman year of college . . . and turning around. There are infinite possibilities for Cecily's unexpected gap year. She could volunteer or travel around the world-but, for now, Cecily is content to do absolutely nothing. What follows is a year of snarkily observed self-doubt and self-discovery during which Cecily must ask herself, for the first time, what does she really want to do with her life?

Released September 3rd 2009

This sounds really interesting. While I didn't take a year off between high school and college I sort of did between college and a real full time job. And I literally did as little as possible! I really am interested to see what the main character Cecily discovers about herself in her gap year!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

12 comments:

  1. It does sound interesting. I didn't take any time off, but I know that for some people it's a really smart choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is so cute! Bunny slippers. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is adorable and it's calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in the catalog too! It looks really cute. Too bad J. didn't have it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, reminds me of some of the characters in Bass Ackwards and Belly Up. I would've thought it'd be different from that fuzzy cover! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute book. Will add it to my list ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took a year off after OSU befor grad school and it was great for me! I think this would be such a great read!! Plus how can you not love the cover??

    I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks great--I'm going to have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds cute. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I took a gap year between anything! I may complain about school and the inevitable time that I'll have to find a job, but in truth, I like the routine of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds good. I think I need a year or two to do absolutely nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm lovin' the cover! Bunny slippers ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...