Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: Reviews

Do you add your reviews to the books you add to your library? If so, do you put your full review on there, or a quick review (one - two paragraphs)? Do you find other people's reviews helpful? Do you know of any other ways to enter your reviews (Other than Edit Book, or Quick Edit)?

I add reviews to my books as I read them. So almost always I'll add a book before I add a review and not at the same time. When I first started reviewing a few years ago I put a few sentences here and there for books I had read in the past. They were such short reviews because I hadn't read the books recently. I stopped doing that after like 5 reviews though. I do like to read other's reviews and sometimes it's nice also to see the average rating. I don't know of another way to enter reviews!

6 comments:

  1. I add my review to my Goodreads profile first and it gives me the code to add the review to my blog. I do fairly short reviews. I'm still new at this but I'm sure I'll start building up to longer reviews.

    http://bookfanaticblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add the review when I remember too. Sometimes it takes me a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to write reviews soon after I read a book or I tend to forget detail. I find writing a review tends to cement a book in my mind. I post first on shelfari and then on my blog. I've been reluctant to include negative reviews on the blog as I blog for a bookstore (still not sure about this) but they all go on my shelfari account!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do it as soon as I can after having finished. A lot of times right after having read it. I don't have a good memory AT ALL, and I'm not kidding. :( So of course because of my dorky brain I have to write my reviews as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I write a review as soon a I finish it. If it's too late, I'll write the review as soon as I can the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading other people's reviews. It gives me insight and different opinions than my own. I love book review blogs :)


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...