Thursday, June 11, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Niche

There are certain types of books that I more or less assume all readers read. (Novels, for example.)

But then there are books that only YOU read. Instructional manuals for fly-fishing. How-to books for spinning yarn. How to cook the perfect souffle. Rebuilding car engines in three easy steps. Dog training for dummies. Rewiring your house without electrocuting yourself. Tips on how to build a NASCAR course in your backyard. Stuff like that.

What niche books do YOU read?

Hmm I guess my main niche would be graphic design and art history books. They are always something I've enjoyed. A few years ago I bought a few books on Tiki which I guess is really random! I also read a lot of self published books, comics, and zines.

What's your niche?

11 comments:

  1. I don't think I have any niche books. Do sudoku books count? I'm just boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tikki? I don't know what this word means. Art history books are a nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think mine would have to be books about the Titanic. I've yet to meet anyone else who reads/owns any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charley- Oh shoot I spelled it wrong, this is what I meant! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, it's the horse books. I'm a competitive rider, so I have bunches and bunches of books about horse breeds, competition, and of course all of the magazines (Equestrian, Practical Horseman, Young Rider...)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, that's a good question. For a little while I was reading a lot about food, which is no surprise, I guess. Oh, and etymology--I loved The Mother Tongue, and the Professor and the Mad Man, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so boring. LOL I can't think of any unusual niche books I read. Art history is an interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely biographies about certain royals. I'm a history nut and Queen Victoria's descendants are my favorite subject.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be a graphic designer thing - graphic design books are something I really really love too. Which ones are your favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mysteries with recipes in them, or any novel with recipes in them, I loooove that type of book.

    And vampires, of course, I've read soooo many books about vampires.

    (Sorry about all the o's, I haven't slept and it makes me weird.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...