Friday, June 25, 2010

Lookalikes 107

The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause


Sea by Heidi R. Kling


Halo by Alexandra Adornello


Fire Will Fall by Carol Plum-Ucci


Everlasting by Angie Frazier


The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (old cover see the new one here)

So apparently there is a silhouetted couples trend on the rise. And I can't say I really like it. Silhouettes under the right circumstances can be beautiful but I think jamming it into a bookcover with a bunch of other stuff going on doesn't really work for me. It's weird some are tiny and some are giant! Some are very vague, others almost unrealistically specific. I think Halo would have to be my favorite, I do think a less swirly typeface might have looked better though.

Thanks to Khyrinthia and Yan helping with this lookalike!

Have you spotted a Lookalike you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I've never even seen the silhouette on "The Silver Kiss." I did now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so true but i so love that cover for halo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the halo one is the most successful too. And Everlasting, as it helps tell a bit of the story and the rest of the cover is kind of one dimensional too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, I'm slow, it took me a while to spot the couple on the cover of The Silver Kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's one on the cover of Marcello in the Real World, but they're just holding hands and not pre-kiss. I loved that cover, though, because it kinds made me know that Marcello was going to be all right, even when it seemed that he was not.

    Funny trend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - sometimes the silhouette works, but a lot of times it doesn't. I think the most successful covers here are Sea and Halo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:29 PM

    My favorite of these is the Halo cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read (and enjoyed) The Silver Kiss and because of that this cover irks me. For me, its just not a good representation of the story. I'll be checking out some of these other titles. I agree that the silhouettes look nice on Halo. I really like the Everlasting cover, too

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a whole lot of kissing going on here! It must sell books though since so many are doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...