Monday, December 01, 2008

This Year In Movies: November

This month I watched 16 movies and 2 tv show seasons. The few days of holiday sure helped me sneak some in!

Mama's Boy- Sort of cute, not particularly special. 

Then She Found Me- Ok, again not particularly special, I like that Helen Hunt directed it though.

Matthew Barney: No Restraint- Documentary, gave a bit of insight into the way Barney works.

Son of Rambow- Really really good! I'd suggest this to anyone to watch! I think I need to buy the soundtrack. And Chuck from Gossip Girl alert- talking in his actual accent! Strangely, you can only buy the dvd from Best Buy. 

Some Kind of Wonderful- Watched via Melissa Walker's suggestion, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before! Really liked it! One of the stars played Keith on One Tree Hill!

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day- Better than I thought it would be, good fun!

Chaos Theory- Ok, not particularly special.

What Happens In Vegas- This was hilarious! Liked it a lot more than I thought I would, ended up buying it!

Twilight- Check out my mini review here!

Dexter Season 2- Seriously great show, I loved the case of the Bay Harbor Butcher!

The Clique- Ok, thought it would be kind of crappy since it's straight to dvd, wasn't really. Made me a bit more interested in reading the books. 

The Sure Thing- This was a re-watch. Saw it a long long time ago, great movie! Has the lady from Novel Adventures and One Tree Hill! And Edie from Desperate Housewives!

Cashmere Mafia Complete Series- I think I like this a bit better than Lipstick Jungle which ended up lasting a bit longer than this show. 

Fred Claus- Funny! Great for watching back to back with Elf!

Get Smart- This was a re-watch as well, probably didn't laugh as loudly this time but it was still very funny!

Valley Girl- Started off a little made for tv movie but ended up getting better. Nicolas Cage was totally cute 20 years ago!

The Royal Tenebaums- This was a re-watch. This is my favorite movie, enough said!

Girls Just Want To Have Fun- Pretty cute, was a mix between Hairspray the movie and the tv show, So You Think You Can Dance!

Some Kind of Wonderful Trailer: 


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 AM

    Some Kind of Wonderful is one of my all-time favorites!

    We loved Get Smart, too - and I just ordered Fred Claus so I can watch it with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally loved Son of Rambow too and yeah, The Royal Tenenbaums ... we watch it ALL of the time. It's awesome. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:16 AM

    16 movies last month! I doubt I've watched 16 movies all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at The Royal Tenenbaums...I love (and own) that one! We were deciding between Fred Claus and Get Smart this weekend, and picked Get Smart, which we really liked. So I guess next up, a double feature of Fred Claus and one of my X-mas favs, Elf!

    Thanks for the great reviews!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the majority of The Royal Tenenbaums for a film class I was in...I did enjoy it.

    I enjoyed Get Smart in theatres...haven't seen it again yet though. I still need to watch Fred Claus...

    You liked Son of Rambow? I'm curious about that one. Might need to check it out!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:46 PM

    bookmarking this one- i need to get all the DVDs u marked good and see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Wowzers! You did watch bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie K.- Really?! I really liked it! I have no idea why i had never seen it before! Get Smart is so great! And Fred Claus is very cute and fun!

    Kristen M.- Yay! The Royal Tenebaums is the best movie of ever in my opinion!

    bermudaonion- LOL! I like movies just as much as books hehe! And having a netflix subscription keeps me going!

    Kimberly Derting- LOL! My copy is getting all beat up from watching it so many times! Me and my sister are planning to watch Elf sometime this month, I think it goes perfectly with Fred Claus!

    Shooting Stars Mag- You got to watch it in a film class!?!?!? So jealous! You should definitely check out Son of Rambow, I'm going to buy it once i can find it for cheap!

    Veens- Yay! And thank you for the suggestions awhile back, I need to find them on my queue and move them up!

    J. Kaye- And that's just the way I like it! :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...