Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5) by Sara Shepard

**WARNING SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS BOOKS**

Amazon.com:

In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. . . .

Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a little too strongly of her mom's taste in men.

Now that Ali's killer is finally behind bars, the girls think they're safe. But those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. And they should know by now that I'm always watching. . . .

-A

I found Wicked to be a bit like a new beginning, a slightly calmer entrance into the second half of the series. That's not to say there weren't things going on, but it didn't have me basically tearing out the pages to get to the end like the previous two books (Perfect and Unbelievable). I guess knowing who A was, was enough to calm me down, temporarily.

So now we have a suspect in Ali's murder who is behind bars, but was it really him or is the real killer still out there? I thought he was still out there, but you be the judge. I thought the introduction of Hanna's soon to be stepsister Kate as a regular fixture in her household to be a great renewal of Hanna's plotline. Wicked is also the introduction to a semi-bizarre and almost distracting plot about Spencer's family that spans the rest of the books. I feel like the plot was given more importance then it really deserved, I really enjoyed it, but in the end it just distracted from the bigger picture.

Most interestingly, this book introduces another A, I know ANOTHER A?! It seems like it would be cheesy but this new A is even scarier than the first! And because of that the book ends in a big old cliffhanger!

Wicked was released November 25th 2008
Genre: Young Adult
4/5 Stars
Purchased at Borders

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I was just blog hopping around, so I can't remember how I got here (Story Siren, maybe?) but I really like the way you write reviews. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I still need to read this series...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're still enjoying the series! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...